Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 TAHOE FACTORY AND AFTERMARKET TINT ???

Search this Thread

Old October 12th, 2006, 1:37 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts
Default RE: 2007 TAHOE FACTORY AND AFTERMARKET TINT ???

Multiply the existing transmission (70%) by the added tint transmission (35%) and viola, you get approx 25%.

Just a word on transmission less than 35%, it's a bitch driving at nite.
Old October 12th, 2006, 1:43 AM
Administrator

I had the same bad results the first time I tried tinting myself. After watching a couple of pros do it several times and seeing some of the tricks of the trade which the instructions conveniently leave out, I found that I can do an acceptable job on side glass. I'd never try a compound curve like a rear hatch on the Camaros. Watched a pro do mine and it is pretty tedious and more opportunity to mess up.
Old October 12th, 2006, 11:47 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the ebay kit for $25 shipped and had good results. i took off the door panels and it looks pretty good. A few imperfections due to small dirt, but overall good. I went with 20% and it is looks just a hair darker than the rear. You can't really tell unless you really inspect it. And so far so good driving at night. I just have to roll down a window to backup in dark areas so I can see the sideview good.
Old October 12th, 2006, 12:28 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my black lt3 is running the streets with ilegal tint and im a state inspector lol i have 2.5% on front and rear the rear has 2.5% on top
of the factoery privacy glass damn this this is so dark i can be poking nose and fliping a finger at you and laughing my *** off its fun
well i do it because of my rear dvd and my kids jumping around when they have a lready seen the dvd 20 times over and over no matter what i dvd i put on lol and for the dvd i dont want anyone seeing it and wanting to desire it and **** my truck up for a dam
screen lol hate to hijack this thread but ill just ask here and post a new thread live tv anyway i can do this ?? i still havent had the money to get the override for navi but i will soon ok tint yes its illegal here in houston and if i get stopped which i doubt ive always had limo tint in my cars i love privacy and it seems like they make a big deal of it if your screwing around in the streets in other words asking for attention by the police in my case i dont so ill be ok and i have rear camra not that i dont roll down my window to back up its a habbit at night lol
Old October 12th, 2006, 3:57 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It sounds like 35% is what i want to put on my tahoe. I would like the front to be darker, however i dont want to be pulled over for the reason of tint darkness. That will make my tint about 25% front, and about 5% rear which is perfect. Thanks again for everyones help and information.
Old October 12th, 2006, 3:59 PM
CF Addict

It sounds like 35% is what i want to put on my tahoe. I would like the front to be darker, however i dont want to be pulled over for the reason of tint darkness. That will make my tint about 25% front, and about 5% rear which is perfect. Thanks again for everyones help and information.
Old January 2nd, 2007, 5:36 PM
CF Addict

Anyone have 20% over their factory rears? I finally am scheduled to have my tint completed tomorrow and I thought 35% is what I wanted on the rears. However now I am thinking I want 20% on the rears. Anyone that has 20% can you see out the back glass at night, can you see at all?
Old January 4th, 2007, 1:06 AM
Administrator

A friend told me some time ago that if you get stopped in MO, they'll let you remove illegal tint to avoid a ticket. Carry a window razor blade scraper.
Old January 4th, 2007, 1:30 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: biglg

Anyone have 20% over their factory rears? I finally am scheduled to have my tint completed tomorrow and I thought 35% is what I wanted on the rears. However now I am thinking I want 20% on the rears. Anyone that has 20% can you see out the back glass at night, can you see at all?
Biglg,
How did it turn out? Post some pics please.
Old January 4th, 2007, 11:46 AM
CF Addict

ORIGINAL: 73shark

A friend told me some time ago that if you get stopped in MO, they'll let you remove illegal tint to avoid a ticket. Carry a window razor blade scraper.

If that is the case this wouldnt be a bad idea. I can get the fronts retinted cheaper than the tint ticket would be!

Quick Reply: 2007 TAHOE FACTORY AND AFTERMARKET TINT ???