Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 TAHOE FACTORY AND AFTERMARKET TINT ???

Search this Thread

Old January 4th, 2007, 12:02 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 2007 TAHOE FACTORY AND AFTERMARKET TINT ???

Well, I just went down to the garage to try and get some pictures. It is raining outside so I couldnt get the best pictures. I dont really think any of these pictures are 100% accurate. It depends on the angle you look at the vehicle. I had 35% put on the fronts which give them a net tint of close to 25%, I put 20% on the rears giving them a net of around 3.4%. You obviously cant see in the rears at all, I think 20% is a very good choice for them. I went with 35% on the fronts to stay as close to legal as I could! STill a little to dark for MO law, but close! Here are the pictures, again I dont think they are real accurate. You can see in the fronts rather easily! But you can definately tell it is darker than the factory fronts are.

After looking at the pictures again, I would say that the 3rd picture is close to accurate of what the fronts look like with 35% over the factory windows!

[IMG]local://upfiles/3431/4B4CF9542ABF4E118C7B7CFBD01FF599.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3431/99CB4FE169584462AED9EF5BB205B1F2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3431/FC6B82BEED944384BFABE5EE8EE03B08.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3431/680C10040F89418DADBE6F0BD5A201D1.jpg[/IMG]
Old January 4th, 2007, 1:43 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks Great!!! When you get better weather would you shot some pics outside?

Dammit your the second Summit White LTZ photos I have seen in the past 24 hours and makes me wish mine was white as well. Sharp, Sharp she looks.

Also, keep the receipt that shows 35% for the front with you from the tint shop in case you get pulled over for the front tints and play dumb. They may cut you a break especially since the total is so close.
Old January 4th, 2007, 2:11 PM
CF Addict

Hmm, never thought about the receipt! I am not sure it shows/tells what the tint % is. I will have to check!

To be honest, I have never been a fan of white. However, i looked at these things forever before I bought one. I have always had black or silver vehicles. I for some reason thought after seeing the white on the road, and in the lots it looked the best! DOnt know why, however I did and I am glad I ended up getting white! I think it looks sharp, and chrome accents look very good on white! If they would have had an actual silver, not a silver birch I probably would have went silver! I expect color changes in the near futher from GM.

I will try and get some pictures as soon as we get a nice day and I have the truck all cleaned up!
Old January 5th, 2007, 9:57 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

Probably the best way to compare is to leave the doors on the opposite side openand on a sunny day, take pic looking thru the window. Did you have any problem getting the shop put on the illegal tint? Most in KC area (at least on KS side) won't.
Old January 5th, 2007, 10:02 PM
CF Addict

Shark, my tint isnt really that illegal. I had them put 35% on the fronts, which is legal. However, since the fronts already have 70% you get a net of around 25%. So 35% is legal, I am running about 25% on the fronts. So I am not off by much. I am not even sure the tint guy knew what my factory tint was so he possibly just thought 35% is legal, but I would guess he knew exactly what is going on.

However, he said nothing. In fact he would have put any tint on that I asked him too. He has tinted about 15 vehicles for me. He does a very good job at a reasonable price!

I wonder why your KC guys wont put on what you ask for? I wonder if they would be liable if sometihng happened or you gota ticket??? Around here you can get about whatever you want, but they all advise you that you are at your own risk and they arent liable for the tickets you may get!
Old January 5th, 2007, 11:38 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

They probably would have if I insisted. My old eyes don't like the dark at nite anymore, so I just went with 35% overall on the front doors which I guess means they must have used about a 50% tint.
Old January 6th, 2007, 12:23 AM
CF Addict

Ya, 50% would make the fronts about legal limit. I was thinking about doing 50% but my tint guy didnt even carry 50? I guess most wouldnt consider 50%, but most vehicles dont have the fronts tinted at 70% therefore most can just get the aftermarket 35% put on the fronts and it is still 35%!
Old January 6th, 2007, 2:18 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: biglg

Ya, 50% would make the fronts about legal limit. I was thinking about doing 50% but my tint guy didnt even carry 50? I guess most wouldnt consider 50%, but most vehicles dont have the fronts tinted at 70% therefore most can just get the aftermarket 35% put on the fronts and it is still 35%!
I think you would have been disappointed with 50%. Your tints look great.
Old January 6th, 2007, 5:14 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The guy who was going to do my tint told me that its probably not a good idea to put a new tint on top of the existing factory tint. He said it might end up peeling or something like that. Can you guys give me some information on this? is it ok to put new tint on top of the factory tint and not have to worry much about peeling and such?
Old January 6th, 2007, 9:55 AM
CF Addict

Most vehicles have had tint of some sort on the rear windows for a long time. I have tinted over every vehicles factory tint I have ever had and I havent had a problem yet. I would say if you go to a tint shop that knows what they are doing you will be fine.

Quick Reply: 2007 TAHOE FACTORY AND AFTERMARKET TINT ???