Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe - Interior door handle part number?

Search this Thread

Old October 27th, 2009, 9:01 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe - Interior door handle part number?

It was talked about a while back but my front-passenger side interior "chrome" door handle is peeling off....

I am going to go ahead and replace it but I was wondering if anyone has the part number for it? Its a 2007 with the heated seats (buttons). Any help would be appreciated....
Old October 27th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

You might see if they'll replace them under "Customer Appreciation". I had mine replaced right before the warranty ran out cuz you could slice deli meat with them.
Old December 5th, 2009, 9:02 AM
CF Beginner

My 2007 is doing the same thing on the passenger side. Are the replacements any better? I am going to the dealer with this today.
Old December 6th, 2009, 8:15 PM
Administrator

Yes the replacements are much better. No sharp mold flash on them.

P/Ns are 15935951 & 15935954.
Old August 18th, 2010, 12:18 AM
CF Beginner

Default Cut your finger on your 2007 LTZ

My 2007 Suburban LTZ has the same problem with pealing crome on the front passanger inside door handel. This cut my wife's finger about a month ago. I took it into my dealer and since the car was just out of warrenty thay wanted to charge me, Tonight my son just cut his finger on the same door handel. As my son was crying, I felt like the worst parent because I did not spend the money to repair this poorly constructed piece of junk.

Now I read this fourm that other people have the same problem.

I really want to buy American, but with this lack of quality and customer service - It may be my last Chevy...
Old August 18th, 2010, 8:07 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I received a letter in the mail last week stating that the warranty on the inside door handles has been extended for 10 years on all GM trucks with chrome handles. If you have already had it done they will reimburse you the money if you have a receipt.
Old August 19th, 2010, 10:26 AM
CF Beginner

Thank you for the info on extended warrenty. I will take back to dealer and have replaced today.

I also learned that this is a common problem on this year and model and that the NHTSA has recieved many complaints and is considering a recall for this problem. see: http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...-Door-Handles/

Thanks...
Old August 19th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Sometimes going w/ the low bidder is not the least expensive way to go. Wonder if the drawing for the handles had a "remove flash" req't? Of course if the mold was machined properly, there wouldn't have been any flash.

There's a similar problem on the plastic covers for the steering wheel spokes that replaced the rubber covered one. Mine wasn't sharp enuf to cut, just annoy. Knocked it off w/ a emery board.
Old August 27th, 2010, 8:39 PM
CF Beginner

MDTAHOE,

Anyway you could forward me a copy of your letter or fax it? I'd really appreciate it.

About one month ago I paid over $100 for the dealership to replace the passenger's side handle, and just today my side (driver) started doing the same dang thing. I'm typing now with a slice in my finger that hurts like sin. So many people with this issue I feel they should replace it at no charge and credit me the previous fee considering this is so well known.

Thanks for everyone's comments.
Old August 27th, 2010, 9:08 PM
CF Beginner

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has been investigating this issue since December, and even more actively in Jun 2010. I'm going to file a complaint at the link below and would encourage others to as well. This may help move things along so we can all get this replaced as it should be.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe - Interior door handle part number?