Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe LT Aftermarket Navigation

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i see that the kenwood has sirius and xm radio,now how about the onstart?,will it work with that,because i so in my research that some of the aftermarket systems ,onstar will make lights blink and other crazy things!,

and will the sound be the same as now?,as i have the bose system,and i like the way it sounds,and if i do add the kenwood i dont want the sound to be at a lowered quality!

other question,for the maps,does kenwood has only dvd disc for the maps or also a microsd slot for them?

any pictures of your install?

thank you !
regards,
bosanci28
Old April 22nd, 2012, 12:25 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bosanci28
i see that the kenwood has sirius and xm radio,now how about the onstart?,will it work with that,because i so in my research that some of the aftermarket systems ,onstar will make lights blink and other crazy things!,

and will the sound be the same as now?,as i have the bose system,and i like the way it sounds,and if i do add the kenwood i dont want the sound to be at a lowered quality!

other question,for the maps,does kenwood has only dvd disc for the maps or also a microsd slot for them?

any pictures of your install?

thank you !
regards,
bosanci28

Yes the kenwood worked with Onstar. I say this because it works with mine but i discontinued onstar 2 weeks ago. I also have the Bose premium system in my suburban. It did need another harness to work with the Kenwood, but the Best Buy install center had it in stock. I chose aftermarket to stay away from a Nav. disc. The sirrius works great. I am always listening to it while my nav. screen is displayed.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 1:05 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by LTL4life
Yes the kenwood worked with Onstar. I say this because it works with mine but i discontinued onstar 2 weeks ago. I also have the Bose premium system in my suburban. It did need another harness to work with the Kenwood, but the Best Buy install center had it in stock. I chose aftermarket to stay away from a Nav. disc. The sirrius works great. I am always listening to it while my nav. screen is displayed.
hi,thanks for replying!

so kenwood has a microsd slot for the maps? or is still played from the dvd disk?

i may go to bestbuy and ask how much will be to install it.

any screen of how yours come out?

thanks
Old April 22nd, 2012, 1:37 PM
CF Active Member

The maps are already loaded from the factory. To update, i believe you download to a USB. I'm not a Techy so i dont really know but as far as the instructions go there is no slot for a Micro card so a USB is used. There is no Nav. disc for this radio.

Old April 22nd, 2012, 1:48 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by LTL4life
The maps are already loaded from the factory. To update, i believe you download to a USB. I'm not a Techy so i dont really know but as far as the instructions go there is no slot for a Micro card so a USB is used. There is no Nav. disc for this radio.

hi,
thanks for the screen shot ,

looks really good.

one last question for you,

that plastic around the unit comes with it,or is the one that you have to buy separate ?

and also is it touch screen? the unit?

i am debating in adding the oem unit or an aftermarket one...

thank you friend.

regards,

bosanci28
Old April 22nd, 2012, 2:00 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by bosanci28
hi,
thanks for the screen shot ,

looks really good.

one last question for you,

that plastic around the unit comes with it,or is the one that you have to buy separate ?

and also is it touch screen? the unit?

i am debating in adding the oem unit or an aftermarket one...

thank you friend.

regards,

bosanci28

Thanks for the compliment, if you are talking about the black plastic trim around the head unit, that comes with the vehicle install kit. The radio is completely touch screen. for the price i love it, got it black friday morning. by the way best buy installed mine and did a great job however dont let them put the GPS antennea under the dash, you wont get a signal. they did that, i went back 2 days later and had them mount it outside on the roof. I get full nav. signals now inside parking garages, etc.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 5:01 PM
CF Beginner

ok,i look at frys and best buy the newer one is about 949$ plus 149$ install.

for the kenwood,

now they have for 799 pioneer with divx.

bestbuy installs for 120.

will see what i will do,

now i know the old one that i have now has xm on it,will this transfers to the new unit?
if you know by any chance?...

thanks
Old April 22nd, 2012, 5:29 PM
CF Active Member

You will have to call XM-Sirrius after install and give them the new radio ID to send a signal to the new unit, they would be abl to transfer your service.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:18 PM
CF Beginner

thank you,for that info.
Old April 25th, 2012, 10:03 PM
CF Beginner

i called them and they said yes,as long i provide the code from the old unit.

now,i found someone that has the oem nav for 400$

just a little confuse,

does the nav unit work 100% with the xm,sirius,onstar and also i have bose system?! will it work?

and my sec question ,is ,the unit does it have bluetooth? to conect my phone so i can make it handsfree while driving?

thanks

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe LT Aftermarket Navigation