Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe LT Aftermarket Navigation

Search this Thread

Old July 27th, 2010, 10:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe LT Aftermarket Navigation

Hey guys, trading in my 99 Tahoe for an 07. Got her for 16,000.00, so i think i did pretty good. It does not have factory navigation, and i hate nav units that use discs anyway. I was looking on ebay and found this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-C...fAudioQ5fVideo

Has anyone tried one? I tried to search but didnt come up with anything. Its says it it is plug and play.

Thanks
Old July 27th, 2010, 11:44 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wow

Holy crap! that's a steal for all that can do, and it LOOKS factory!

That's like the factory one on steroids with no side effects.

If someone installs this, please give us a full review. I have the factory in my 09 LTZ, so I don't see the need to swap it, but DAMN i like this thing, and would buy it if I didn't have one!

You see this GM?! THIS is how you build a head unit.
Old July 27th, 2010, 12:07 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow that seems too good to be true...price and functionality look great
Old July 27th, 2010, 1:15 PM
CF Addict

did notice no XM, traffic, or SIRIUS, if I am correct.
Old July 27th, 2010, 1:21 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
did notice no XM, traffic, or SIRIUS, if I am correct.
Doesn't look like any xm, or sirius. Not that i care, just dropped it anyways. More and more commercials coming on the air now. Ill stick to my Microsoft Zune

I emailed him twice so far and got instant responses. This is direct fit period. No adapters needed. I have also used the IGO gps software before and like it a lot. By the look sof this thing, i can install any gps software i want.

Im gonna wait till i pick up the Tahoe before i order.
Old July 27th, 2010, 2:32 PM
CF Addict

Default yea

I did lifetime XM for $400. you break even in about 3.5 years... it's been 1.5 so far. I plan another 10 at least
Old July 27th, 2010, 4:31 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

stsqrl: Can u xfer the lifetime to another receiver? This looks like what you've been looking for.

wraenking: Does it work w/ the GMLAN such as OnStar, turn signal chimes, door open/key in chimes etc?
Old July 27th, 2010, 4:53 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
stsqrl: Can u xfer the lifetime to another receiver? This looks like what you've been looking for.

wraenking: Does it work w/ the GMLAN such as OnStar, turn signal chimes, door open/key in chimes etc?

So he says. I am going to email him again and see if i can find reviews from people that bought it for a tahoe
Old July 28th, 2010, 7:03 AM
CF Addict

Default No

According to the ebay auction all the factory stuff works, chimes, signals, wheel buttons.

As for lifetime XM, if it's built into the vehicle it's the life of the system IN the vehicle. It can not be transfered. However if you took out my XM module and put it in another Tahoe, I am not sure if it would just 'work'...

I had SIRIUS for 4 years in my old Tahoe, and paid yearly, which was stupid because back then it was only $300 life time, not $400, and it would have paid off in 2.5 or so years. My old Tahoe ran 14 years, I damn well better get 14 out of this one, hence the lifetime.
Old July 28th, 2010, 12:38 PM
CF Beginner

I ran a Google search on the Navitouch head unit. It directed me to the ford 150 forums because I'm guessing he sells units that are compatible for both trucks. I read the posts and one guy bought one and explained that it was very poorly put together, am/fm reception was horrible, and recommended to stay away from it. He immediately shipped it back for a refund. You can read the posts yourself here:

http://www.f150online.com/forums/mul...navitouch.html

Another guy posted and just told everyone he was completely satisfied but he didn't elaborate much. As for me, I'm going to stay away until I hear more details about it and/or positive reviews. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe LT Aftermarket Navigation