Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe LT Starting Problems

Search this Thread

Old September 9th, 2010, 6:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe LT Starting Problems

Hey guys

I have had this thaoe for just over amonth. I have 83,000 miles on it. On saturday i wen tout and it would not start. Had neighbor check for any codes and he got none. He tried starting it, and it fired right up. Worked fine until this morning. Same thing happened. It cranked, but would not start, until about 10-15 tries later. Anyone else have this issue? I would like anything wrong to be fixed before the 5 year 100,000 warranty runs out.

Thanks
Old September 9th, 2010, 11:54 AM
CF Active Member

Sounds like same issue I had. It turned out to be the fuel pump and it was covered under the powertrain warranty.
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:17 PM
CF Beginner

thanks. i will take it in and have them replace it. So yours was intermittent also?

Thanks
Old September 14th, 2010, 1:40 PM
CF Active Member

Not intermittent. Any updates?
Old September 16th, 2010, 6:05 AM
CF Beginner

I am glad you asked. I brought it in last Friday. They could not duplicate the problem, so they did nothing. I'm sorry, but just starting the vehicle to me is not diagnosing the problem. So Tuesday what happens? Doesn't start. Call GM roadside assistance and they bring me to the dealer. They would not start it in front of me. Said a tech had to do it and it would be a few hours. I had to get to work. When i called later to you check, you guessed it, it started right up for them. So last night i left it there hoping it would do it to them in the morning. I cannot keep getting stuck in the morning. If its starts once, its usually fine the rest of the day. I am getting fed up with Chevy service. If they do not settle this today, i am calling 2 of our local papers. There is a problem, but since its not happening to them, they wont look into it. Not sure why, even when it happens to them its not going to throw a code. I cannot keep being late to work. So aggravated.
Old September 16th, 2010, 2:14 PM
CF Active Member

Capture the issue on video and email to the service rep. Have you tried another dealer?

Yeah I know it is frustrating, but something like this is hard to diagnose without the condition occurring especially if there are no codes. I think there a GM rep that looks at this site and hopefully he/she chimes in.

Good luck!
Old September 16th, 2010, 2:38 PM
CF Beginner

Just got off the phone with them. It did not start for them this morning. But he said it was a driver and not a tech that started it. When a tech tried ,it started. i blew up. They were adamant that a tech start it, but yet a driver did. Now they cannot do anything until it doesn't start for a tech again. i have called Chevy 1800 number and the service manager for the branch. i told him this needs to be fixed by tomorrow.

Last edited by wraenking; September 16th, 2010 at 3:03 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 12:59 PM
CF Beginner

Did this get resolved? I have a 2007 Tahoe LT with the same problem, dealer cannot duplicate and said they will not contact GM until they duplicate the problem. Frustrated!!
Old November 23rd, 2011, 1:40 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> SEF4 and wraenking,

I am sorry to hear of your frustrations with your vehicles. Could each of you please PM me your name, vehicle mileage and VIN number so I can research this issue further. If you have already been to the dealer for this issue, please provide the dealer name as well.

I look forward to hearing from both of you.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old July 25th, 2015, 9:22 PM
CF Beginner

Default 07 Tahoe same issue

I have been having the same issue with my 07Tahoe. Took it to Autozone and Oreilys both tested my battery and alternator saying they were good! I replaced the starter thinking that had to be it. And of course no sooner than its replaced, I am having the same problem. It won't start it just cranks about 5-6 times before i have to wait about 15 minutes and it struggles but eventually starts. It happens once or twice a day. Did anyone find a solution to this issue? if so Please help!

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe LT Starting Problems