Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old February 27th, 2015, 7:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$200 is a good deal (relatively speaking, 451,xxx views and 1,250 posts into this nightmare thread). You would be doing better than most. Agreed that GM should go the route of Toyota. They shouldnt have to rely on Toyota for their moral compass either, they should do it on their own. The difference between a long term successful company and GM.

Mine (08 tahoe hybrid) is back at a GM dealer now for other repairs, Ive re-contacted GM and they are again "seeing what they can do". Not holding my breath ... again.

My service adviser initially quoted me $1450.

The internet is still on, Mary. It will still be on tomorrow, too. Spend some time reading this thread !!

Last edited by gruvenparts.com; February 27th, 2015 at 7:12 AM.
Old February 27th, 2015, 10:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gruven that is a lot.

I called my local dealer and they quoted me @ $498 for the dash. Service told me $210 to install but I don't think she knew what she was talking about.

I also talked to two interior car guys and they had no solution except replacing the dash. I just want a solution so it doesn't get any bigger.

When I talked to local deal service they informed me that the only thing that had extra coverage was the drivers side chrome handle.

I would love to repair this but $700 just isn't feasible.
Old February 27th, 2015, 11:58 AM
CF Beginner

They did not say it as a deductible.
Old February 28th, 2015, 6:08 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by gruvenparts.com
$200 is a good deal (relatively speaking, 451,xxx views and 1,250 posts into this nightmare thread). You would be doing better than most. Agreed that GM should go the route of Toyota. They shouldnt have to rely on Toyota for their moral compass either, they should do it on their own. The difference between a long term successful company and GM.

Mine (08 tahoe hybrid) is back at a GM dealer now for other repairs, Ive re-contacted GM and they are again "seeing what they can do". Not holding my breath ... again.

My service adviser initially quoted me $1450.

The internet is still on, Mary. It will still be on tomorrow, too. Spend some time reading this thread !!
200.00 is the cheapest I have heard as well. Listen up GM we are all here and we are all asking that you take ownership for what is happening to our trucks. Is this going to cost you plastic dashboards fixed or lose Loyal GM customers, which will cost you millions in the long run. I am going to ask my local new to give this some coverage. I encourage everyone on this site to do the same. Let them know the safety concerns and the way GM has replied with a thier offers. I think media coverage is exactly what this needs. Have a great day everyone and hope GM helps us all.
Old March 1st, 2015, 7:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread has been going on for almost 6 yrs now, its been viewed nearly half a million times, there is over a thousand responses. There are hundreds if not thousands of other threads just like this 1 on many other GM forums.

I think GM has gotten the picture, made their decision, and hope this thread and the whole internet for that matter just goes away.

but heck yeah, get some news stations to highlight it if you can. Deep down I feel that GM has discussed this issue internally, knows all about this thread and others just like it all over the net, and has made the decision to abandon their existing customers to save a little $ and spend it instead focusing on new customers. They have spent a few bucks on the phony "GM Reps" on here, but we all know those are just decoy flares.

Its a huge long term mistake for which they will eventually pay far more. They have lost sight of the fact that is much easier to sell to an existing customer than to sell to a new customer. Not to mention you and I are telling every potential GM buyer we know to research this thread and others like it to get a taste of GM customer service before even thinking about buying a GM product.

It looks like us existing customers are going to have to eat this 1, but be damn sure to get the point across by NOT investing in another 1 of their products until they make us whole.
Old March 1st, 2015, 9:04 AM
CF Junior Member

Default Major Cracking Dashboard Problem on 2007+ Chevy Tahoe, Suburban, Avalanche, & GMVideo

Old March 2nd, 2015, 11:34 AM
CF Beginner

Default Cracked Dash/Dealer relationships

cfilly, you are correct. I have an opportunity to have my dash taken care of by a dealer in Dallas/Ft worth because of my relationship with the GM, not service mgr. If you have a relationship with someone you can get it fixed at no cost to you. All customers are not created equal here. But I'm not going to drive 1,000 miles to do that it's not worth it. My red *** is that shortly after I paid to have a new interior installed (new leather seats and carpet) because I care what the truck looks like, the dash starts cracking and keeps cracking. According to the dealer GM in Dallas/FW the defect is widely known and the policy is to tell the customer that the vehicle is out of warranty. He indicates that they're replacing them free of charge all of the time. But you have to know someone to get it fixed. But if you don't and you don't buy enough trucks you're out of luck.
Old April 20th, 2015, 1:40 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2nd Dash Since I bought the Tahoe

I am on the 2nd dash since I purchased the 2010 Tahoe LTZ new from the dealer. Within the first 6 months the first dash cracked. I took in in and it was replaced under warranty. At about 45k miles the second dash cracked. That was over a year ago and I was told it wasn't in warranty and wouldn't be fixed under warranty. It now is so badly cracked that the weight of the center speaker causes it to bounce and the cracks are all over the dash. This is ridiculous that nothing is being done with so many having the same problem. This is the 5 GM vehicle I've owned, 2nd Tahoe, but it will be the last.
Old April 21st, 2015, 12:54 AM
CF Beginner

It is a widespread issue, i saw a thread from another group of GM enthusiasts asking for GM to take responsibility. Read t here posted in 2014 Dash Crack Recall / Class action lawsuit | Chevy Truck Forum | GM Truck Club
I don't have severe dash cracking issues on my silverado, but i am looking for ways (if there are) to slow it down/prevent severe cracks. I've been using meguiar's dash cleaner in hopes that it will keep it in good shape (i don't like the shiny residue left by armor all).
Old April 21st, 2015, 9:26 AM
CF Beginner

Default Cracked dash

Simple solution , quit buying Chevy products. I have a Suburban with cracked dash. GM offered to cover half of dealer cost after I complained. They then took back their offer. It would of cost them $150.00. Wow, I was a lifelong chevy owner. I didn't complain when I had to replace the engine because of the oil consumes ion issue, but when my dash cracked that was the last straw. The part to them is only $298.00. I told them I would be in the market for 3 cars in the next 2-3 years. My daughter was turning 16 soon which she did in April. Got her a Honda Accord instead of Chevy Cruz. Now I'm getting ready to buy my wife a Bilvo I steady Caddy or small Chevy sub. Again , wow they didn't want to pY 150.00 to keep a loyal customers now they lost one until they make it right. I will be in the market next year. And I have. 13 year old who will need a car in a couple of years. Not chevy until they fix my dash or cover half like they said. Already cost them 20,000 by not spending 150.00. QUOTE=JamesTilley;300052]I am on the 2nd dash since I purchased the 2010 Tahoe LTZ new from the dealer. Within the first 6 months the first dash cracked. I took in in and it was replaced under warranty. At about 45k miles the second dash cracked. That was over a year ago and I was told it wasn't in warranty and wouldn't be fixed under warranty. It now is so badly cracked that the weight of the center speaker causes it to bounce and the cracks are all over the dash. This is ridiculous that nothing is being done with so many having the same problem. This is the 5 GM vehicle I've owned, 2nd Tahoe, but it will be the last.[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????