Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2017, 5:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2011silveradolt
So this is rather interesting. I have a 2011 Silverado with 90,000 miles and I too have the same issue with the dash cracking at the passenger side airbag. This though is really no surprise because look at the a/c panel with the decals that don't last a year before they come off. I really wish GM would do something about all of this.
They did do something...they made a new generation of truck and now it looks too bad, so sad, and GM gets away with it. Maybe in another 10 years they'll be a successful class action that you'll get $20 if you still have receipts laying around...

Originally Posted by mhanlen
There are two realities for me with the cover: 1-There's still potential for the dash under it to crack and rattle around. 2-There's no getting over the fact it'll look like a cover.

Last edited by T.Sickles; May 17th, 2017 at 5:22 PM.
Old May 25th, 2017, 10:40 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2011 Tahoe Dash Crack X 2

Originally Posted by LJW
Mr. Morris,
I have a 2008 Tahoe Ltz that has a cracked dash as well. After reading this forum & seeing your offer to discuss, I wanted to see what your thoughts are in regards to getting this fixed. My car is also garage kept & use a sunshade. Please let me know if any help is available.
Thank you,
Laura
Me too with the cracks. My wife keeps this Tahoe spotless, and I'm looking at trading it in on a brand new Yukon (new Tahoe's are ugly), but with cracks in the dash, not feeling good about the trade-in value. Extremely frustrated!!
Old May 26th, 2017, 10:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by in2pro
If I recall the process to remove and replace the dash is about a 7 hour process. You might consider purchasing the service manual as the process appears to be somewhat extensive....
Note the links in the PDF file provided below are not clickable, doing so will only lead to an invalid location.
Took me 2 hours...
Old June 14th, 2017, 11:05 AM
CF Beginner

And here are the dash cracks to my gently used and garaged 2011 LTZ Tahoe

Old June 17th, 2017, 10:58 PM
CF Beginner

That dash crack is common on all tahoes. The fitment is to close tolerance and no room to expand or contract.
Old August 31st, 2017, 11:01 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this still an issue on 2015 and up Tahoes and Suburbans? I went through this with my 2000 Dodge Ram and it was a major PITA. If it is still an issue then I might have to look into a cover as I live in Florida and park outside. I always use a windshield screen on all my vehicles.
Old September 29th, 2017, 10:23 AM
CF Beginner

2008 Silverado my dash has cracked so bad in numerous places an GM an Chevy fail to do anything all I told is to wait for a call from a senior supervisor meanwhile my insurance company says it is a safety Hazzard an could cause distraction an cause an accident or injury during an accident an won't cover my vehicle much longer if not taken care of. I noticed with most as mine did it happens right out of warranty. I have been patiently waiting for the call back but seems I will have to get the media and my attorney involved. It's sad this is going to have to go this far when GM should have recalled this a long time ago!
Old September 30th, 2017, 9:14 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by aintnothinsafe1
2008 Silverado my dash has cracked so bad in numerous places an GM an Chevy fail to do anything all I told is to wait for a call from a senior supervisor meanwhile my insurance company says it is a safety Hazzard an could cause distraction an cause an accident or injury during an accident an won't cover my vehicle much longer if not taken care of. I noticed with most as mine did it happens right out of warranty. I have been patiently waiting for the call back but seems I will have to get the media and my attorney involved. It's sad this is going to have to go this far when GM should have recalled this a long time ago!
My first one cracked a year after warranty and the dealer replaced it free (2012, wow). My second one cracked 4 years latter (2016). If you search the internet, alot of people recommend remove the dash, reinforce it on the bottom side in the weak areas and reinstall it. You'll have a stronger dash for less money.
Old September 30th, 2017, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts
Angry

GM will not even cover a cracked dash under the GMPP extended warranty.
Old September 30th, 2017, 3:33 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by aintnothinsafe1
If your insurance company thinks it is a safety hazard you need to find another provider and if you believe that BS they said well perhaps you need to seek professional help. It is just a cracked dash, it doesn't interfere with the passenger airbag at all. If that airbag deploys you have been in a accident and you might not ever have to worry about it again. I replaced all of mine as I mentioned in earlier post just so it looks good and I ended up putting a carpet dash on top of it in hopes of protecting it down the road. If it cracks again I will remove it and and use something to re glue the seams from the backside. If that doesn't work I will buy another dash and put it on. IT DOESN'T TAKE 7 HOURS either. At Most it wold take 2-3 hours. Youtube it...
On edit: Attorneys love the free money you give them as it would take 7-10 years to even get this presented in court. Just fix it or buy another brand of vehicle.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????