Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old September 2nd, 2011, 8:00 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by bamafutbal
Humm does that mean that you DON'T have to continue to make payments to the "new" GM since you financed under the "old" GM that went bankrupt? sounds like the same logic to me....
Old September 2nd, 2011, 8:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on replaced dash....

Hi everyone,
Just thought I'd give an update on my situation. I had my dash replaced free of charge by the dealership in the middle of March this year.
Well..... it's September 2nd, and my dash is now already cracked again.
This time it's not directly over the gauges as the original did. This time it is
right next to the pillar on the drivers side. This makes me so irritated. My
wife has a 2003 Suburban, that hasn't had quite as good of care,(close),
and has had less issues, and the paint is even in better shape for the most part.
I'll still have this truck for a while, especially if I don't want to have to sleep on my boat. But as of right now, I can't say I'd buy another one, and probably given the chance again, would never had traded my pickup for it.
Sorry for the long rant....
4bz1d1a
Old September 5th, 2011, 6:17 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Glad to see I was able to assist you mcclintic9. Again, anyone else that is experiencing the same issues with their vehicles please contact me and I will do what I can to assist you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

Hi Jeff,

I'm experiencing the same issues with cracked dashboard on my 07 Suburban LT. It has a crack by the passenger side airbag, and one by the instrument panel hump of the driver side similar to almost everyone on this forum. I was going to call GM, but found this forum, and see that you are offering assistance with this issue. Please let me know what I need to do to get this fixed as I love my suburban, and so far this is the only issue I've had with the vehicle.

Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated. My email is trd528@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!
Old September 6th, 2011, 8:40 AM
CF Beginner

It hurts when Chevy tells you, "Your 4 year old, $40k plus, American designed, Union Made Tahoe does have a crack that was caused by a bad part, but we are sorry, you have too many miles on it for us to help you." I was quoted $840 with a 20% discount. Sure, that is something, but not near what others hear have got. Anyone else hearing a No like me?
Old September 6th, 2011, 4:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default Jeff Morris contact information....

Does anyone know exactly how to contact Jeff Morris from GM Customer Service??
Old September 7th, 2011, 6:18 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by andycamping
It hurts when Chevy tells you, "Your 4 year old, $40k plus, American designed, Union Made Tahoe does have a crack that was caused by a bad part, but we are sorry, you have too many miles on it for us to help you." I was quoted $840 with a 20% discount. Sure, that is something, but not near what others hear have got. Anyone else hearing a No like me?

I feel your pain. Same situation, a 2007 LTZ out of warranty. Was basically told to pound sand. I am on my third and last Suburban. Will probably get a Sequoia next go round.
Old September 7th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by supply_guard
Does anyone know exactly how to contact Jeff Morris from GM Customer Service??
Go here and click on contact info.
Old September 12th, 2011, 7:06 PM
CF Beginner

Default Add my name to the list.

2000 Chevy Tahoe LT. Replaced my 2001 Tahoe. Same issue as everyone else x3. Thats right, I have the standard crack above the insrument panel plus two bonus cracks in the area of the passenger airbag. Guess we are all acting as GM employees conducting their research and development. GM needs to step up and admit the fault in this new design. At the rate this forum is going there will be upwards of fourty or so pages all documenting this same problem. That doesn't include the complaints filed on different forums/ pages. Don't lose life long die hard GM customers over a fix that costs you far less than what the dealers are wanting to charge us to replace it. The SUV market has become far too competative for GM to have this kind of attitude toward an ovious flaw. Step up GM.
Old September 13th, 2011, 3:13 PM
CF Beginner

Default cracked dash update kylehughes 2007 chevy tahoe

the chev place quoted $1200.00 to fix the dash out of my pocket i dont thank so that at beene in mexia texas!can any one out there help me out with my busted cracked dash this is a disgrase to have a high dollar suv and ever 2007 dash is busted or cracked and chev want even help out my case # was 71-982533030 but no one will help me with this issue my e-mail address is kylehughes1979@yahoo.com if any one can help me out?
Old September 16th, 2011, 10:48 PM
CF Beginner

OK, I spent my entire evening reading this thread and can't beleive how poorly GM has handled this issue. My problem is with a 2008 GMC Sierra. When I went to work this morning my truck was fine and the interior was pristine. I got into my truck to go home and saw a 10 inch crack in the middle of the dash right above the radio and then noticed a crack in the corner of the passenger side airbag. I couldn't beleive it and did not understand what could have possibly happened. I got online and came across this thread.
Jeff Morris, if you are still out there please e-mail me at skville@netzero.net

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????