Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old July 4th, 2011, 4:57 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

If you have the GMPP, read it carefully as it may be covered.
Old July 20th, 2011, 11:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07 Tahoe LT Dash Cracked

I have the same crack in my '07 Tahoe LT in the dash...so does my daughter in her '07 Tahoe! I called GM 866.790.5700 and they are aware of the issue...so is my local Chevy place...BUT...no warranty coverage for me since I have 129,000 on it and no extended warranty. GM did offer a 10% discount on the repair. Repair was quoted to me today at $830.00 for a new dash. OUCH.

This is clearly a defect and we all must call in and log your complaint with GM. I'd like to hear what you are offered. If enough complain, then maybe we who are without warranty coverage will get some help. I'm not asking for them to repair it for free, but $830 on a 4 year old dash? Come on and belly up, GM and do the right thing.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 10:15 AM
CF Beginner

Add me to the list, 2007 Tahoe LTZ 59K, two cracks in dash, peeling steering wheel rubber, peeling door handles, and a parking assist system that does not beep. Im contacting GM now...

Anyone have a good chevy contact in Houston for the dash work?

Last edited by silverlx; July 22nd, 2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 1:47 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by silverlx
Add me to the list, 2007 Tahoe LTZ 59K, two cracks in dash, peeling steering wheel rubber, peeling door handles, and a parking assist system that does not beep. Im contacting GM now...

Anyone have a good chevy contact in Houston for the dash work?
Silverlx, I just dropped my Tahoe (2007 LTZ 75k miles) off at Munday Chevrolet this morning and they got me a $200 deductible for my dash & my instrument cluster, door handles were free because they are under extended warranty. I don't know about the other issues however, that's one of the cheapest quotes I've seen for a dash & instrument cluster. Get your case to GM and then make an appointment for your vehicle! Good luck
Old July 25th, 2011, 10:55 AM
CF Beginner

Ok just an update for any Houston folks. I took my 2007 Tahoe LTZ with 60,200 miles to Westside Chevrolet in Katy for the cracked dash and peeling door handles. The service guy said the handles were covered as we all know. He told me the truck is out of warranty and said he is not sure what they can do about the dash. He asked if I purchased any vehicles from them and I said no. I told him how surprised I was when I found how many people actually have the cracked dash problem and he said he is aware of a bulletin regarding this issue. Without me asking him to, he went to speak to the Service Manager and came back and said "OK I got ya, no charge for the dash". I was and still am ecstatic. I left it with them right then since he has the parts in stock. WOW definitely a huge thanks to Westside Chevrolet for stepping up to the plate. Oh and he added that I will be getting a hundred bucks as well since the original owner never brought the truck in for the washer recall...
Old July 25th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

silverlx That is great news thanks for the feed back on the dealership and the follow up
Old July 26th, 2011, 7:18 AM
CF Beginner

silverlx...So happy to hear that there are some business owners that use reason and take a longer term approach to customer service. Sadly, I am not dealing with such a crew. I am not giving up on this issue either.

Way to go, Westside Chevrolet! Thank you for doing the right thing and making a wrong situation right. I sure wish I lived in Texas right about now!
Old July 27th, 2011, 2:43 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by silverlx
Ok just an update for any Houston folks. I took my 2007 Tahoe LTZ with 60,200 miles to Westside Chevrolet in Katy for the cracked dash and peeling door handles. The service guy said the handles were covered as we all know. He told me the truck is out of warranty and said he is not sure what they can do about the dash. He asked if I purchased any vehicles from them and I said no. I told him how surprised I was when I found how many people actually have the cracked dash problem and he said he is aware of a bulletin regarding this issue. Without me asking him to, he went to speak to the Service Manager and came back and said "OK I got ya, no charge for the dash". I was and still am ecstatic. I left it with them right then since he has the parts in stock. WOW definitely a huge thanks to Westside Chevrolet for stepping up to the plate. Oh and he added that I will be getting a hundred bucks as well since the original owner never brought the truck in for the washer recall...
Good for Westside Chevy.
Old August 6th, 2011, 8:33 AM
CF Beginner

Is anyone else having issues with the outside trim discoloring??? My paint has worn completely off and it looks like its down to the primer. This is the worse vehicle I have ever owned, the rubber on the steering wheel is peeling, dash is cracked in two places. I will never purchase another Tahoe.
Old August 6th, 2011, 11:37 AM
CF Beginner

Default 07 Tahoe LT issues

I bought an 07 Tahoe LT 4WD in 09 with 44k miles. Vehicle ride is awesome, but have had issues instantly. Obviously it was out of manufacturer warranty, so I purchased an extended warranty. I noticed that when the transfer case was in "Auto" mode, it would jerk and hesitate during acceleration. I put it in 2WD mode, and it seems to have calmed it down. I noticed last week that the dash was cracked right behind the passenger air bag. My steering wheel has been peeling for over a year, and my rear driver window trim is also broken and has been ever since I bought it. I have also noticed water coming in around rear liftgate on the passenger side. I also had to replace the factory battery shortly after buying it. Oh yeah, it only has 83k on it now.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????