Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2011, 6:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the GM customer service number to call? I have seen several, so I don't know which one is most current or which one people have had luck with.

Thanks!
Old August 8th, 2011, 2:01 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

800-222-1020 is the one I have.

The Owner Center Customer Assistance no. is 866-694-6546
Old August 9th, 2011, 6:41 AM
CF Beginner

The phone number GM gave me to call for my cracked dash issue was 866.790.5700. GM did offer me a 10% discount and the dealership added another 10% off the over $800 bill but I am holding out for GM to do the right thing.

BIG shout out to Legacy Chevrolet in Columbus, GA...Yesterday they replaced the peeling interior door handles at no charge even though my '07 Tahoe has 131k on it. Very nice and they have earned more of my business as the Tahoe needs it.
Old August 10th, 2011, 10:18 PM
CF Beginner

I had a similar issue with a cracking dash in my '07 Tahoe, which is how I found this forum. I am happy to report that after a few conversations with GM and a quick visit to my local dealership (Jeff Gordon Chevrolet in Wilmington, NC), the dash is being replaced completely free of charge.

Few facts:
- Tahoe is OUT of warranty
- Crack began above right airbag and then spread to "hump" above the instrument cluster/steering wheel
- I went to GM before bringing up the issue with my dealer; told them that I had read about many similar problems online and that the cracks had become so bad that I thought the thing might collapse
- Service manager said that the final decision is down to each independent dealership, not GM.
- The service manager said it was only the 3rd he had seen in 3 years and made it clear he was only fixing it for free because the cracks were NOT CAUSED BY IMPACT/ABUSE, so if you got road rage one day and beat the hell out of your dash, they are not going to be covering the repair.

Best of luck to everyone
Old August 11th, 2011, 12:56 PM
CF Junior Member

Default You were lucky and made out great

I was not so lucky, was a nightmare dealin with incompetent GM people who would not return phone calls and would close my complaint as "resolved" which really means ignored. The dealership was Bob Steal, the service manager would never return my calls and was useless as well. I've since sold all but my last two of the 5 GM products I owned and will never buy another GM product. Soon the last two (08 Z06) and my other truck will go too.. I am done with GM.

I honestly believe the dealer made the difference for you. Anyone dealing with GM corporate will understand why the company needed bail out money..
Old August 12th, 2011, 5:26 PM
CF Beginner

Like everyone else here, I too am having the same issues. I have a 07 Yukon and the dash has now cracked in 4 different spots! They range in size from 3 inches to about 7 inches!.. I cant believe there has been no recall!!
Old August 19th, 2011, 8:56 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a FYI from our slimy gm company
GM says bankruptcy excuses it from Impala repairs | Reuters
Old September 1st, 2011, 11:11 AM
CF Beginner

Unhappy 2007 chevy tahoe cracked dash

hi my name is kyle hughes my case number is 71-982533030 i am the secont owner of this tahoe it has 66000 thousand miles and it doesn't look like gm is going to do any thing as of today.the dealer ship said we have never hear for the 2007 chevy dash busting my tahoe has 4 not 1 but 4 big crack it it it a $40000 thousand dollar vehical and the dash is busting all a part can some one help me?my email with some help?i thank every dealer should be the same i want my dash replaced for a resomeable amout like $50.00-$100.00 would be nice i am get the run around because i am the secont owner.i hope jeff can help me out my?
Old September 2nd, 2011, 7:51 AM
CF Junior Member

Yeah, I would like that too.. Same thing nothing but run around. Any attorneys on this thead? What about a class action Lawsuit, can they fix one persons free and hen charge some and refuse others?
Old September 2nd, 2011, 7:55 AM
CF Beginner

Kyle, thought Id give you an update on my case. I spoke to Lane at GM in Texas. He gave me a case number as well and had me go down to my local dealer to speak with the service manager. After looking at my dash he offered to split the cost with me. He said 50%. I said no, that I didn't feel that I should be responsible for any cost because I did nothing to cause the dash to crack. I told him that I would just try to go a different route by contacting appropriate government agencies.. So I left and called Lane back at GM to give him an update of what had happened and he told me he would look into my case further. He called me back three days later and their new offer was to replace the dash for $100 deductible. I took that offer and now have a new dash. I should add that I am not the original owner either. 2007 yukon, 51k miles.. I wish you luck...

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????