Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old October 6th, 2009, 3:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 Tahoe Dash Crack

My dash has also cracked and I have no idea why. I just noticed it. I viewed the pic of your dash and the crack in my dash looks just like the one you have. Manufacturing defect? I think so.
Attached Thumbnails 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????-img_0420.jpg   2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????-img_0417.jpg  
Old November 11th, 2009, 5:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 1st steps on my first new leg

Hello everyone my 2007 dashed cracked almost the same way. I brought mine down to the dealer yesterday and they are going to replace it. They said they haven't seen one but asked no questions and ordered the part. He informed me that the dash is all one part. It is not like the 2006 whee the top part is separate. The service writer said it would be an all day Job and may need to stay over night. So before changing it out bring it to your dealer. Doesn't hurt to check these days.
Old November 15th, 2009, 3:02 PM
CF Beginner

i have a crack in my o7 tahoe dash,same side too...must be a manufacturer prob.. did you ever take care of it yet? new dash? im going to have to fix it either way, so any feedback will be helpful..thanks...

Last edited by gvette; November 15th, 2009 at 7:05 PM.
Old November 17th, 2009, 7:12 AM
CF Junior Member

others too on the tahoeyukonforum.com.
i emailed gm's customer service 2 weeks ago but no reply
Old November 17th, 2009, 11:21 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 Tahoe Dash Crack

I took mine in to the dealer in Granbury TX and at first they told me it was not a warrantied item. I had actually bought the extended warranty plan that covers engine and transmission but was told it did not cover interior/cosmetic things.
I then asked to speak to the service manager. I mentioned to him that I had found this forum online and found many others who had the same exact crack in the same spot. I proceeded to tell him about various other little things I had go wrong...a crack in the leather/pleather on my console where I rest my elbow, cigarette lighter covers that broke almost immediately...door handles that chrome plating had cracked....I felt like this was a manufacturing defect so I was not satisfied with their original answer. He then said he would ck w/GM. They called me bk that day and sd they would replace it and I would need to pay $200 which is the dedctbl on my extended warranty. I paid the $200 and they replaced it. Good luck....I would appeal to the manager and reference this forum....I believe it does help. In today's market, there is no reason for a dash to crack 1 1/2 years after you buy a $40k vehicle. !!
Old November 17th, 2009, 11:44 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default well

40k?! I left the dealer for $53,600...
Old December 7th, 2009, 4:25 PM
CF Beginner

Just found this site/thread while searching for "Cracked Dash"...noticed mine this morning and I have a 2008 Suburban with 30k miles. Called the dealer who said it "might be under warranty" and to bring it in. I'll reference this site if they try and charge me. Mine is just to the left of where it looks like yours is, but it's about 5 inches in length. I'll post what happens with the dealer.

Thanks!
Old December 10th, 2009, 5:20 PM
CF Beginner

My 2007 Suburban has the famous crack (about 9 inches and growing!), the peeling chrome door latches (that cut the fingers) and the flimsy power socket covers as well. I'm having my friend with a body shop replace the door latches just because I don't want to give GM a reward for bad behavior, but the dashboard may be a dealer thing. Now I'd like to know if the replacement will be any better????? That is going to be a LOT of money. I spoke with a GM rep and he pointed out that there is no recall on the dash but if there is in the future they would reimburse me since I now have a case record. The trick is to go to the GM web site and do the "contact us" bit. Not only did they reply, they actually called me and wanted to know what was up. They didn't actually do anything, but the call was a first.

Bill
Old December 12th, 2009, 10:19 AM
CF Beginner

Default Replaced under warranty

UPDATE to my 12/7 POST:

Took my Suburban in yesterday to the dealer, he replaced the dash and provided a lovely loaner minivan for me to putz around in. The dash looks good, it is the gray color and just a tad lighter than the piece closest to the window but I'm sure that's going to change once our Arizona Sun starts baking it again.

Pleased with my result, but STRONGLY recommend anyone who has this issue to reference this thread and the recurring problem with 07 and 08 Tahoe/Burbans. Mentioning this site and thread to my service director immediately brought the manager and GM in to the mix and I am certain it helped. My Burb was under warranty but I would have pushed even if it wasn't...ping me if you're in AZ and need a good dealer to work with, I'd recommend them.

Good luck.
Old December 16th, 2009, 8:17 AM
CF Beginner

Default Cracked dash too!

One night it wasn't there and the next morning it was. about 6-7 inches but on the left side of the hump above steering wheel. I also have a small crack by the passenger air bag. I pretty positive Power Chevrolet will not warranty it because they won't even warranty the door handles that have already been replaced twice. I have 50,000 miles on my 2007 and am pretty type A with taking care of my vehicles. I have been less than pleased with their service thus far. $40,000 for a vehicle that cuts your hand when you open the door, have had engine issues, seat issues, inside door paneling issues, and now cracked dashes. I guess they just don't make them like they used to. Thanks for posting here. I will bring copies of all this to the dealer.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????