Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe LTZ: Intermittent Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old December 26th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by junque4u2
I too have the same problem. Sometimes the remote start works sometimes it doesn't, I would say it works about 60% of the time. It tends to work better when I am trying from the rear of the truck versus when standing directly in front of or beside the truck. The truck is obvously receiving a signal as the lights flash on. Sometimes the truck will even start to make a sound like it is getting ready to turn over but other times nothing other than the lights flash on. It is not the remotes themselves as all of our remotes provide the same inconsistant results and changing batteries made no difference either....it has also started cutting back off once it has been running for a few seconds....frustrating
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> junque4u2,

The remotes may need to be reprogrammed/rematched to the vehicle. Does it work better in certain areas compared to others?

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old May 24th, 2021, 6:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty6
the remote start feature on my 2007 tahoe ltz is unreliable, only working about 75% of the time. Using the remote start from indentical locations (front window of the house) will not give identical results everytime.

I hit the lock button on the rke fob, see the tail lights flash and immediately transition to the remote start button, holding it down until the lights flash again and the engine starts...or not. When it fails to start, a second attempt has never been successful. I have no emission system warnings or other indicated faults that might interfere with remote start, and i was wondering if anyone else has run into this, or what might cause it.
hi i have the same issue with my chevy tahoe 2007 ltz...- did you eventually figure out what was wrong...?
Old May 24th, 2021, 6:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty6
the remote start feature on my 2007 tahoe ltz is unreliable, only working about 75% of the time. Using the remote start from indentical locations (front window of the house) will not give identical results everytime.

I hit the lock button on the rke fob, see the tail lights flash and immediately transition to the remote start button, holding it down until the lights flash again and the engine starts...or not. When it fails to start, a second attempt has never been successful. I have no emission system warnings or other indicated faults that might interfere with remote start, and i was wondering if anyone else has run into this, or what might cause it.
did you ever figure out what was the issue...-???