Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Nav with Bose Problem

Search this Thread

Old January 18th, 2007, 4:13 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Tahoe Nav with Bose Problem

Nobody here supports your accusation against Chevrolet because we see right through your shady mind.

I hope GM see's this thread and sues you for libel for making a baseless accusation. Their pockets are way deeper than yours.
Old January 18th, 2007, 5:02 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree. He may have a lawsuit case! The only case he may have is that GM sold a vehicle to a mentally incapable person who shouldnt have been allowed to make the decision to sign the paperwork!
Old January 18th, 2007, 6:33 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: engine2
Maybe if you claim to be retarded

We have 8 pages of supporting evidence.....and counting.

This guy has got to be pulling our leg......................................you are just pulling our leg?......aren't you?

I mean; nobody can be this ignorant, or at least I thought, well thanks for all the fun regardless.
Old January 18th, 2007, 7:58 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr. gfraigun
I have read all eight pages of this post and the only thing that came to my mind was my favorite quote from Mark Twain. He said, “It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid then to open it and remove all doubt”.[/i]
Old January 19th, 2007, 1:03 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

Been gone for a few days and after wading thru this mess, was tempted to say you guys are having a battle of wits with an unarmed man but then thought that would be stating the obvious.
Old January 19th, 2007, 1:43 AM
CF Active Member

all i got to ask is who threw the first punch? like i said before i get my answers stright from my sales persone at hte dealership,weved had the same one for ten years, if he cant asnwer it then i dont know what else you can do.i bought the tahoe and dint even bother to trest drive it and thought the defects where normal until i found this forum,and realized tah there was problesm with it and there is alot of peole here that do know what they are talking about.
Old January 19th, 2007, 2:44 AM
gfraigun

ORIGINAL: negra07

all i got to ask is who threw the first punch? like i said before i get my answers stright from my sales persone at hte dealership,weved had the same one for ten years, if he cant asnwer it then i dont know what else you can do.i bought the tahoe and dint even bother to trest drive it and thought the defects where normal until i found this forum,and realized tah there was problesm with it and there is alot of peole here that do know what they are talking about.
My answer to this is, I asked for information and got everything but what I was asking for.
Old January 19th, 2007, 3:14 AM
CF Active Member

You know why not just exchange or buy the unit at GMC and replace it with the CHEVY unit. If it is possible.
Old January 19th, 2007, 10:31 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: graphicguy

..........Regarding the amps in the Tahoe....they are digital amps. Bose hasn't used analog amps for quite some time. All the amps they use in their automotive applications are digital amps. Digital amps are smaller and dissipate less heat than similarly powered analog amps............
I know I'm getting into this late, but the quoted statement is incorrect. All of the amps used in GM vehicles amplify in the analog realm....trust me on this one . Bose switching style amps were phased out quite a few years ago on GM vehicles. Indeed there is digital processing and digital equalization done on the latest processor/amplifiers. It is much easier to to EQ a vehicle with software than using a bunch of RC networks. Consequently it makes a much smaller and less complicated package. Analog signals are sent thru CODEC's (analog to digitalconverters) where the signal is then manipulated digitally. It is then sent back thru the CODEC's and comes out as an analog signal where it is then sent to the amplifiers. One of the hardest tasks in automotive audio amplifier design isheat dissipation. As consumers ask for more and more power, amp designers are faced with the daunting task of getting rid of the heat generated by thefinal amplifier circuit. Initially,the vehicle manufacturersbalked at the suggestion of using fans to cool the the box. But at the same time, they were asking for a 500 watt amplifier to be the size of aWebster's Collegiate Dictionary, and oh by the way....it's being stuffed in the rear quarter panel in the trunk behind all of the sound deadening insulation.A fan is a moving part, and was looked upon as a very bad thing!Here's an cheapopart that will being the entire sound system to its knees if it fails (BTW, there is a "limp" mode if that happens). But their needs finally overcame their fears and they eventually relented. Now, as "green" vehicles are starting to appear on the scene, there is a lot of research going into modern digital amplification. Although the concept is the same, the technology used is entirely different and even more energy effecient. Power consumption will replace heat dissipation as the single most difficult task in amplifier design. Hope this brings you up to speed. One other comment that I think most of you already know. Bose does not make the head unit.....not yet.
Old January 19th, 2007, 11:24 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ooops, I was confused! Carry on, .

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe Nav with Bose Problem