Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe radio/lights stay on after door is opened and key is off...replaced switch

Search this Thread

Old September 24th, 2023, 4:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 tahoe radio/lights stay on after door is opened and key is off...replaced switch

So I have a 2007 tahoe and I had it painted recently. When I got it back they had smashed the door panel somehow. I fixed it but the window/door switch died. Bought another one(havent had it programmed yet) but everything I needed worked so I left it alone. Fast forward a few months and the power lock for the drivers door starts working intermittently. This makes sense as I have had to replace all the other door lock actuators anyway as they had either stopped working or seized(was fun getting one out when the door wouldnt open). So I order another one and before it comes in, the door lock actuator stops working completed AND the radio/lights don't turn off when I open the door. Today I replaced the the actuator and it still acts the same way. Door lock doesnt work and the radio/lights don't turn off when the door is opened. I have to wait the 10 minutes or whatever. Any ideas? I looked around at grounds and everything seems to be good. Plus the window rolls up and down fine.