Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe tranny problems

Search this Thread

Old November 17th, 2006, 9:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 tahoe tranny problems

ZX et al,

The same problem happened to my tahoe tonight twice. While accelerating from a dead stop the trans would not shift into second gear and the engine revved as it would with a trans slip. I did it again approx 5 miles later, this time in second gear during deceleration.

Any ideas why other than mechanical?

Jim
Old December 18th, 2006, 5:00 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2007 tahoe tranny problems

I had the same problem with my 2002 gmc truck it turned out to be the ignition switck there is a mechanical side and a electronic side.If the electronic side goes bad your vehicle might not shift correctly. Mine would not shift down to first or second only manually than it was really a hard shirt. I could shut the truck off restart it then it would shift fine for weeks.I knew when it was going to act up because when I started the truck all gages would freek out then it would not shift correctly.I would shut it off tilt my wheel up restart then everything was good.
Old December 15th, 2009, 3:13 PM
CF Beginner

Our 2007 Chevy Tahoe has had many problems. First the battery decides when it wants to work, and this started about a year ago. But the battery is still good? Then our blower in our heater and air went out and we had to replace that, $300 later. Then the cables that attach to the back window and heat up the rear defrost, one of those came off. Then about 4 months ago our check engine light started coming on, On star said it was our throttle system. Well nothing ever happens and the light just comes on and goes off every once in a while. Now reading all of these other messages i'm wondering if its not the transmission. Then after all that our keyless remote stopped working, so i thought well i'll go change the battery. Nope still not working, Ahhhhhhhh!!!! We spent roughly 60,000+ on this car and this is what we get? Its no wonder GM went bankrupt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old July 9th, 2010, 5:11 PM
CF Beginner

Ok so I turn on my truck this evening and all of a sudden it's making a loud noise once it passes 1000rpm.......WTFlagnog! Truck only has 73000 miles. Call the dealer the guy tells me ma'am could you get it towed here sounds like it could be your transmission not the alternator since everything works fine and battery gauge is on 14 (just replaced the battery last Oct). Of course this had to happen right about the shop is about to close and I live 25min away from the dealer. So they gave me the number to their towing company and asked me to have it towed on Monday morning. I will keep you all posted. This is so frustrating! I love my Tahoe but I'm beginning to think it's time for a new car a different one.
Old July 9th, 2010, 6:50 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Let us know what happens.