Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe wont fill up after a few repairs

Search this Thread

Old November 19th, 2013, 9:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2007 Tahoe wont fill up after a few repairs

It all started when my check engine light came on. The code read that I needed to do a few different things:
-Change gas cap
-Change Canister Vent Valve Solenoid
I did both of those and a new code was coming up:
-Change Canister Purger Valve Solenoid
The check engine light was still on and we discovered the Canister Vent Valve Solenoid was a bad part so we had it replaced. WHALA! No more check engine light!

But now here is the problem; I can only fill my gas tank up to $45 every time from E. But my gas gauge on the dash reads full yet the gas runs out fairly quickly so I KNOW that its only half full. A normal fill up on my Tahoe is at least $80-$90. What could the problem be? A broken gas gauge, is something telling my gauge its full when its not? Please help!!
Old November 19th, 2013, 2:05 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

ncarter1026,

I am sorry to hear you are having this concern. Did you have your repairs done at your Chevrolet dealership? I would like to look into this for you. Please private message me your name, VIN, address, phone number, and dealership.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 20th, 2013, 6:06 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ncarter1026
It all started when my check engine light came on. The code read that I needed to do a few different things:
-Change gas cap
-Change Canister Vent Valve Solenoid
I did both of those and a new code was coming up:
-Change Canister Purger Valve Solenoid
The check engine light was still on and we discovered the Canister Vent Valve Solenoid was a bad part so we had it replaced. WHALA! No more check engine light!

But now here is the problem; I can only fill my gas tank up to $45 every time from E. But my gas gauge on the dash reads full yet the gas runs out fairly quickly so I KNOW that its only half full. A normal fill up on my Tahoe is at least $80-$90. What could the problem be? A broken gas gauge, is something telling my gauge its full when its not? Please help!!
Double check your work and check for any bent,pinched or otherwise blocked, it sounds like your tank is not venting properly....
if you are able to add more fuel after driving around for a few minutes after filling up, its most likely a venting issue...