Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe, Yes or No????

Search this Thread

Old March 4th, 2007, 12:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe, Yes or No????

My husband owned an 87 Yukon when we got married. I loved that thing - 4WD, leather int, just beautiful. It was our baby, but became very expensive to maintain. We did the family thing and traded it for a sensible 2001 Chevy Silverado LS. Still love that truck and it is still treating us well. In the interim we inherited an '01 Ford that has served its purpose, but is beginning to give us trouble. I started looking at late model pre-owned Chevy's(GMC)again this week (either the Z71 4door or Tahoe/Yukon.) I was very surprised to see so many 07 Tahoes on the used lots with low miles and became suspicious of what must be going on. That's when I found this forum. I would love to hear after so many months of some of you owning them - yea or nay, should I or shouldn't I???
Old March 4th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Tahoe, Yes or No????

Love mine. Just have had some little ****ling things, nothing major like some of the very early production trucks. Bear in mind that you will see more problems on forums like this as people are looking for help. My recommendation is if you see a good buy on an 07, get it. Most of the things/problems I've seen discussed here have been fixed. Good luck.
Old March 4th, 2007, 1:06 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love mine, so I say yes. I agree with Shark that most people come to the forums looking for help. Being that the 07 is a new production I think GM has done very well.

As far as used ones - when I was looking for my ride back in the fall last year, I only saw 1 used 07 Tahoe in the 6 dealers I visited.
Old March 4th, 2007, 12:45 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome. Yes the 07's are awsome. Make sure you do a thorough check of the used truck. Every time I have bought used vehicles I have been able to contact the previous owner and ask the reason for the trade. If you are able to do this I would recommend it. Good luck.
Old March 4th, 2007, 12:48 PM
CF Active Member

YES................................
Old March 4th, 2007, 1:03 PM
CF Senior Member

Definitely get one. Love my 07 Tahoe LTZ. In my opinion I would get a later model 07 since the earlier ones may have had some quirks that have since been worked out. It's a great SUV. Good luck.
Old March 4th, 2007, 7:58 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: sjenkinzz

YES................................
Old March 4th, 2007, 8:43 PM
CF Junior Member

My Tahoe is junk, probably lemon. Problems from day one. GM is replacing it with new one.
It is being made now. I may sell it in case you are interested. Since it is being made now, it should have all the initial bugs out. LS model. My original one was made in Jan 06. Make sure when you buy one, to get late model, not something that was sitting on dealer's lot forever and they will give you great deal on it.
Old March 5th, 2007, 1:43 AM
CF Beginner

I would say wait a little bit, my wife has 4000k miles on her LT3 2007 and it has a few bugs that agrivate the hell out of me ( rattling from engine bay when in reverse, ticking sound from somewhere in the dash, transmission thumping, cheap paint, etc) . I"m sure GM will work out the bugs or have already, maybe wait til the 08 models. any one out there that has a bad rattle coming from rear of the cabin, I found it, the rear dome light is the culprit, I pulled it apart and stuffed a rolled up sock to apply pressure on the roof to the light and NO RATTLE !!!!! . 52 grand and you need a sock to keep the sanity, Wait till next year.
Old March 5th, 2007, 11:10 AM
CF Active Member

I have to agree in part with everyone.
Kernal made a few good points. I have had some rattling, thunmoing as well and brought t back to the dealer and they took care of it. The cheap paint though is another thing. if you do get one, DONT GET BLACK! lol
Check out the used ones with about 5-8000 miles on em.

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe, Yes or No????