Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2008 Chevy Tahoe LT - 11,000 Miles

Search this Thread

Old February 7th, 2010, 11:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Chevy Tahoe LT - 11,000 Miles

Found a 08 in very good condition with only 11k miles on it and was able to get the dealer to 32,000. Have looked up the car on KBB and edmunds and both state the above is a good deal. I have never purchased a Tahoe or owned a Chevy, so I was curious and would love some feed back on this purchase. I believe I've included everything that I need, if not let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Old February 7th, 2010, 11:33 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MoJames
Found a 08 in very good condition with only 11k miles on it and was able to get the dealer to 32,000. Have looked up the car on KBB and edmunds and both state the above is a good deal. I have never purchased a Tahoe or owned a Chevy, so I was curious and would love some feed back on this purchase. I believe I've included everything that I need, if not let me know.

Thanks in advance.
It sounds like a good price. A few questions...
  1. What options does it have? There is a big difference between a base LT and an LT with the 3LT option.
  2. 2WD or 4WD?
  3. What region are you in?
  4. Is it GM Certified?
  5. Does it have a clean carfax?
In the Chicago area, I doubt you could find a certified LT for that low unless it was 2WD. Even then, it would probably be a stripped down model.
Old February 7th, 2010, 12:26 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by vester
It sounds like a good price. A few questions...
  1. What options does it have? There is a big difference between a base LT and an LT with the 3LT option.
  2. 2WD or 4WD?
  3. What region are you in?
  4. Is it GM Certified?
  5. Does it have a clean carfax?
In the Chicago area, I doubt you could find a certified LT for that low unless it was 2WD. Even then, it would probably be a stripped down model.

Texas, 2WD. I'm not sure on the GM Certified. Carfax is clean.

As far as options the couple I recall of off the top of my head is a third row of seats, leather seats. No GPS, heated seats.
Old February 7th, 2010, 5:19 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by MoJames
Texas, 2WD. I'm not sure on the GM Certified. Carfax is clean.

As far as options the couple I recall of off the top of my head is a third row of seats, leather seats. No GPS, heated seats.
I would say you are getting a good deal. I believe that you have to get a least a 2LT for leather, so the vehicle should have the needed options without the extra gadgets. If you are buying at a GM dealer, see if they will add the certification at that price. Then you have a 4/48 bumper to bumper and a 5/100 powertrain warranty from date of original delivery.
Old February 8th, 2010, 7:22 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default yea

that's a very good deal, but the 2009 adds a 6 speed automatic you might want to price an 09 just for your own info...
Old February 8th, 2010, 3:50 PM
CF Senior Member

depends on what you are looking for - low miles or options or price? we just got an 2007 LT with the LT3 package - loaded. It has everything, leather, heated seats, navigation, backup camera, rear DVD, power liftgate...45500 miles for $26600 total. it has the 5 year 100k powertrain warranty so we are good there. You are in TX (so am I) there are 100s of Tahoes out there, be picky
Old February 8th, 2010, 4:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Price seems decent enough for such low mileage, however I agree that since it is coming from a GM dealer you should get the certification thrown in.
I would recommend taking it to a shop to get a pre-purchase inspection done. A competing Chevy dealer is always a good bet. It will cost you anywhere from 80-120, but it is good insurance.
When I bought mine they found a few things that needed fixing. Minor, but things mechanically I wouldn't have found. With the pre-inspection sheet I was able to make sure they were fixed by the selling dealer before I took delivery. The dealer that does the pre-purchase inspection should also be able to furnish you with the maintenance history from the vehicle.
Also ensure that you have all the manuals and key fobs before purchase.
Old February 9th, 2010, 2:43 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

MoJames: Welcome to the forum.

Along w/ manuals, fobs, etc, be sure you get headphones and remote if it has RSE. Also factory floor mats. Check also the jack, etc.