Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2008 LTZ Subruban blower motor issue

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2013, 11:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 LTZ Subruban blower motor issue

Hi everyone. I'm new to the site and I have tried to search for a solution to the issue I am having but have been unsuccessful so far. I have a 2008 LTZ suburban w/climate control. The front HVAC motor is acting up. It blows fine one minute then just stops or will fluctuate as we are driving. I have replaced one of these on a 98 Silverado but in that case it just quit working. I guess I need to know if this is an issue with the blower motor or something else. Anyone have any thoughts or had similar issue? I can tap on the plastic cover under the dash and sometimes it will start blowing again, other times its just dead. Also, I never use the "auto" setting.
Old May 16th, 2013, 8:32 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by M125
Hi everyone. I'm new to the site and I have tried to search for a solution to the issue I am having but have been unsuccessful so far. I have a 2008 LTZ suburban w/climate control. The front HVAC motor is acting up. It blows fine one minute then just stops or will fluctuate as we are driving. I have replaced one of these on a 98 Silverado but in that case it just quit working. I guess I need to know if this is an issue with the blower motor or something else. Anyone have any thoughts or had similar issue? I can tap on the plastic cover under the dash and sometimes it will start blowing again, other times its just dead. Also, I never use the "auto" setting.

M125,

I am sorry you are experiencing this concern with your HVAC. Just so you know, if you choose later to go to the dealership, myself or Amber are here to assist. You can always private message us your name, VIN, address, and concern.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old June 30th, 2013, 12:24 PM
CF Beginner

M125,

Did you get any further with this issue. I'm having very similar problems with my 2001 Sub front HVAC fan motor.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 9:29 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2008 suburban LTZ blower

I have the same problem. I see lots of pre-2008 blower resistor replacements, but cant find anything on 2008 plus. 2008 suburban LTZ. Front blower sometimes doesn't come on, other times is fine. VIN 3GNFK16308G113022
Old February 26th, 2014, 7:31 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

zzuuzz,

I am sorry to hear you are having this concern with your Suburban. I see that you have an open recall associated with your VIN. Please private message me so we can get you into the dealership for your recall and they can look at this concern as well. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 14th, 2014, 7:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default Spastic Front Fan

I see several inquiries about the front fan stopping or running slow. I have this same issue. I see not answers. Can someone provide one?
Old December 7th, 2014, 2:57 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2008 suburban front fan intermittent

Originally Posted by donahue
I see several inquiries about the front fan stopping or running slow. I have this same issue. I see not answers. Can someone provide one?
Same problem. Can someone post answer. Before you ask me vin number, PLEASE tell me how one of the previous problems was solved.
Old December 7th, 2014, 2:58 AM
CF Beginner

Solution?
Old December 12th, 2014, 8:50 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by zzuuzz
Solution?
That is the important part of a forum... folks come to ask questions seeking answers and once they get them often times abandon the idea of following up on the fix...
Please do follow up on what you find or don't find, that way it keeps the thread alive...

Old December 13th, 2014, 9:38 AM
CF Beginner

Angry Blower (it really does)

in2pro --

After an extended period of on and off again functionality of my blower, it finally seized. I had the dealership replace it (at some cost to me). Not only does this heat and cool and passenger compartment, but it defrosts the windshield, so is a critical function.

While I love my Suburban (perhaps I am a masochist), I have been consummately disappointed with the quality of the mechanics. The ignition key issue being reported on the news is just one symptom of a systemic lack of quality.

The plastic door handles all broke and needed replacement. (The dealer had Chevy pay for this, but who puts plastic handles on a truck?) I had oil problems.Looking at this and other forums reveals dealers telling customers to refill oil every 1000-3000 miles. What kind of an engine needs oil every 1000 miles? I ended up replacing my engine during when internal damage resulted during one rather hectic week of all local driving. I was on an extremely busy and dangerous stretch of road when all the indicator lamps in the dash lit up and the power dropped. The new engine cost me a lot.
Now I have replaced my blower.

The solution? Pay up and replace the thing before you get stuck. Wish I could tell you something happier.

Quick Reply: 2008 LTZ Subruban blower motor issue