Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2008 Tahoe LTZ: Crap Interior!!!! Shaking and rattling!!!

Search this Thread

Old August 24th, 2010, 2:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
TSBs for 2008 Tahoe:

http://www.mycarstats.com/reports/Ch...2008/tsbs.aspx

You have to 'register' for the site, but it's legit, I use it.

Thanks! I didn't find anything relating to rattling tho
Old July 28th, 2012, 1:32 AM
CF Beginner

I just purchased a used, certified 2012 Tahoe LT and I have the same interior cabin rattles and shakes. It's like an old truck, things just sound loose everywhere. I love the truck but this is driving me crazy! It's most prevalent at low speeds going over washboard type smaller bumps, not bigger bumps and not so much at highway speeds. Has anyone been able to fix these issues? I can take it to the dealer, but I'm afraid they may say it's normal.

Help!
Old July 29th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

check the things you can, like the jack and its hardware for being secure...
Check the rear storage compartment for any loose items
Remove everything from the vehicle that is not part of the vehicle i.e. any items you carry in the cargo area or under the seats...
Wipe down all the weather stripping with 3M silicone grease...

If you still hear the rattles I'd check inside the doors for loose cable harnesses and door lock rods....
If the vehicle has had new speakers added to the doors its possible the panels are not fully secured...
Old July 30th, 2012, 8:44 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default rattles

no, my $55k 2009 tahoe's sounded like a piece of **** since day 1, new.

Never again will I let GM steal my money, combined with the fact that everyone I meet I get to tell them all about how much I hate my Tahoe, and what a HUGE disappointment it is.

I've considered putting "GM SUCKS, ASK ME WHY" in large letters on the truck, combined with a web site depicting the factual events of my piece of $hit tahoe.

squeeks, rattles, noises, non working electronics... all part of GMs game to make money off people. Got into my buddy's Toyota. for $40,000 less, NOT A SINGLE NOISE while driving. NOTHING. dead quiet.
Old July 30th, 2012, 9:34 AM
CF Beginner

Well I hope my problems are not as serious as above. I have checked my jack and removed the rear seats and anything from the back storage area. The panel to the jack seemed a little loose so I removed that too. I haven't lubricated the weather stripping yet, I'll need to find some 3M silicone grease. So far nothing has changed. Very smooth and quiet at highway speeds, just rattles and shakes at low speeds on bumpy roads. I also have 20" wheels which may make things a little worse.
Old July 30th, 2012, 12:05 PM
CF Active Member

Mine does that when I turn my hearing aids on !!!!
Old July 30th, 2012, 2:49 PM
CF Senior Member

how many have the autoride system? i have a 2012 ltz and have noticed a bit more noise than all of the LT's i have had. is it possible the ltzs shocks are too tight?

one other thing my NEW truck came with the rear pass interior pannel not being proper installed, the rubber trim was not making the right seal because the pannel was not seated correctly. the front right fender has a little too much gap between the front door and fender. and the front bumper is not attached correctly to a front clip. and lastly the alignment was off.

for a 58000 car quality control is NOT where is should be.

i buy 2 new chevy tahoe/suburban every 3years. i may look elsewhere

Last edited by blueinterceptor; July 30th, 2012 at 3:00 PM.
Old July 31st, 2012, 7:23 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default yea

for the price you get crap. i expect cut corners in a $10,000 car.

but for what a loaded Tahoe is... this is unacceptable. I'm sworn off GM for LIFE. I'll also make damn sure everyone I ever get to speak with knows about the junk they sell as well.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:06 PM
CF Senior Member

Default Align your tires

Align your tires.
The truck came with the Alenza's and I put asset of michelins on. Tire place did not feel an alignment was necessary as everything showed up green on the alignment machine.
Well, I took the truck to a Chevy dealer to rebalance the tires and realign the wheels. The dealership did both, but the steering wheel was not right, took it back but still not right and truck would rattle when I hit small bumps.
I took truck for second opinion on alignment. This guy got the alignment right and other than the third row seat rattle, the truck is very very quiet now.