Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2008 Tahoe LTZ: Crap Interior!!!! Shaking and rattling!!!

Search this Thread

Old August 19th, 2010, 2:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Tahoe LTZ: Crap Interior!!!! Shaking and rattling!!!

Hello All,

I just purchased a 2008 Tahoe LTZ. After driving it around a couple of days, I realized how much my interior rattles and shakes (like an old car) when driving slowly or medium, on slightly bumpy roads....or any bumpy road. Its not annoying buzzing sounds, etc. from the speakers. It is literally all the trim and panels shaking.

The whole interior just seems like crap in this regard...it almost makes me regret buying it. I LOVEEEE everything else.

Does anyone have an recommendations for quieting things up?

ANY ideas at this point would be very appreciated!
Old August 19th, 2010, 6:40 AM
CF Active Member

it's not a German car like Audi, BMW or Benz GM use plastic everywhere so u better count with "some" rattles and shakes ))
Old August 19th, 2010, 7:15 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default interior build quality

While GM took a photo a BMW to build their new tahoe insides, they obviously never sat in a BMW and pushed on any of the dash / trim pieces...

next time it's an X5 for me! I would have had one vs my 09 Tahoe, however the insurance was $300/month for an X5 4.8L for me
Old August 19th, 2010, 11:43 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wasnt the ltz interior touted as the billion dollar interior? whered the $ go?
Old August 19th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I searched through my resources and found a few documents that may contain fixes that pertain to the issues that you are describing. I would suggest you speak with your local dealership on getting the issue diagnosed to see if these documents do pertain to the issues you are having. Depending on your mileage you should still be covered by the 3 year 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty or if you puchased the vehicle as part of the Certified Used Vehicle program then you would either have the 3 year 36,000 mile warranty or the 12 month 12,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. Either of these should cover you for the fix, under normal circumstances. I hope this helps you and if you run into trouble please contact me through the forum.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old August 23rd, 2010, 2:44 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
I searched through my resources and found a few documents that may contain fixes that pertain to the issues that you are describing. I would suggest you speak with your local dealership on getting the issue diagnosed to see if these documents do pertain to the issues you are having. Depending on your mileage you should still be covered by the 3 year 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty or if you puchased the vehicle as part of the Certified Used Vehicle program then you would either have the 3 year 36,000 mile warranty or the 12 month 12,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. Either of these should cover you for the fix, under normal circumstances. I hope this helps you and if you run into trouble please contact me through the forum.

What documents are you speaking of? ...and what exactly do they point out?

Thanks!
Old August 23rd, 2010, 7:43 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go to your dealership and point out what problems you are having - your truck is still under warranty if it is under 36000 miles so take advantage of that. there are quite a few known issues with these trucks that your dealership should be able to help out on. They can also tell you what has already been done to the truck in the past (if at a dealership).

I purchased an 07 early this year and the dealership it came from said they had to replace a lot of interior pieces and other stuff (headliner and dash and other trim pieces). it now is very solid and very quiet - no rattles anywhere
Old August 23rd, 2010, 10:52 PM
CF Beginner

my tahoe also rattle good thing it was under warranty.... rear roof rattle so dealer took out some of the insulation and other plastic piece problem solved... my dash also rattle they could find the problem took it in couple times got tired of it... so i isolated the rattling shoot foam in it that solved the problem...
Old August 24th, 2010, 9:25 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

The documents I refered to are called Technical Service Bulletins. These documents are for dealership service personnel to better service the issues on our vehicles that have been pointed out by our customers. These documents contain information about these issues and how to handle them and how to repair them. I cannot give out specific information on these documents but I did find a few that may pertain to the issues you described above. The final word on whether or not they do pertain to your vehicle would have to come from the servicing dealership. Also if you are within the 3 year 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty (as ousig2408 stated) you would still be covered for the fix whether there are any documents on your issue or not. I hope that helps to clear up and lingering questions you have for me. If not you can message me with your questions.

Old August 24th, 2010, 10:14 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default lol

TSBs for 2008 Tahoe:

http://www.mycarstats.com/reports/Ch...2008/tsbs.aspx

You have to 'register' for the site, but it's legit, I use it.

Quick Reply: 2008 Tahoe LTZ: Crap Interior!!!! Shaking and rattling!!!