Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2009 Power Window Buttons

Search this Thread

Old June 7th, 2018, 12:13 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2009 Power Window Buttons

One thing that always felt stupid as hell to me is the lack of auto up & down on ALL windows in the tahoe.
My Tesla did this. All 'lux' cars do this.

You can honestly tell me it's cheaper to produce TWO types of switches vs. 1? It's a GM thing...

So, anyway. Can or has anyone swapped the power window buttons from an escalade into a Tahoe?

Do all 4 have auto up/down?

thanks
Old June 7th, 2018, 12:19 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think its just a switch. I think the switches are contained in a "switchpack" and there is also a module in the said switchpack. At least I've seen this on other cars. I would guess there is some more circuitry or software somewhere that also drives the whole thing. So even if you swap the switchpack, probably something else you need to do as well.
Old June 7th, 2018, 11:47 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Even the Tahoe windows have a module that drives them. Maybe switching w/ an Esky module might work but bet will need programming.
Old June 8th, 2018, 8:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

It would involve changing the window motor and module programming. the anti pinch device is in the motor i believe...without this, would not be safe to add the programming to the module.
Old June 8th, 2018, 2:20 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Dude, seriously, quit bitching about the Tahoe and sell it. You have your Model 3, right? It was due in April. Or go out and buy a real 'lux car like a Lexus or Infinity.
Old June 11th, 2018, 8:56 AM
CF Addict

My wife has the 3, and it now has 5,000 on it. She loves it It has auto up/down on all windows. I love it too, but I prefer SUVs.
I'm waiting for the Model Y reveal before deciding if I want a Model X or Y. I sold my S a few weeks ago.
I'll update my signature when I get a chance.
I'm sorry my desire to improve my vehicle offends you. I thought maybe someone else had the same idea. That the only difference was the switch.

Do they really have pinch protect w/the auto? is that why GM doesn't put it on all the windows? Is the motor actually different? I did not know this.
I guess you'd have to see if the motor was the same part number in the Escalade vs. Tahoe.
If they are different, that seems like more work than I'm willing to dedicate to this project.

thanks!
Old July 20th, 2018, 8:09 AM
CF Addict

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/w...k-differently/