Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 2:10 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Towing and Hauling
Print Wikipost

2009 suburban towing update

Search this Thread

Old July 18th, 2013, 9:40 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jerheye
You have about the same towing weight and trailer length I have with same burb, can you tell me how you setup your weight distribution, do you do it with truck on or do you turn it off while connecting the weight distribution (assuming you use one). I have researched and both ways are recommended by different people, wondering since you seem to have no problem which is your preferred way.
The first time I did it witht he burb running but trying to set up the load leveling hitch with the auto ride compressor going on and off is a bit of a pain. I prefer to line it up (the back up camera is awesome for that) then shut her off then hitch the trailer up. I hitch it then use the tongue jack to raise the tongue and rear of the tow vehicle then I attach the load levelers and anti-sway, then raise the tongue jack and remove the foot. Then I will start the burb back up so it will level out.

Originally Posted by in2pro
Indeed, thanks for the update do you have the aux trans cooler?

Never could understand why auto manufactures don't apply a UV coating to the front glass... there has to be something that can be applied that won't interfere with vision night or day but will help block the heat..

Love those cool waters of Balmorhea SP ever do Fort Davis and the McDonald Observatory? We did a similar trip a couple years back.. took I-10 all the way to Anaheim (Disney Land) but we came back via I-40 for a different view on the return
I think I have the tranny cooler, the burb has the hd tow package, but I never really checked. I think I am going to add a nice fan cooled cooler to it anyway. I added a nice tranny cooler to my Fords Power steering/hydroboost system that works really nice.

I think there is a UV blocker on the windsheild at least our very un-scientific test showed there was. My wifes "Del Sol" nail polish would not change colors. but it is not a very good blocker, my brother had his front windshield tinted it is clear you can barley see the difference where it was cut out around the inspection/registration stickers he said it was legal here in Texas.

Yes we have gone to Balmorhea 5 times in the past 6 years the kids love it we usually do a trip to Ft. Davis then a star party at McDonalds (what the kids call it) but we usually just break out the telescope and have our own party at the trailer.

We did the Disney thing for one day, we really only wanted to see the cars land. We headed to Catalina Island the third day there. It was cheaper than Disney... starting to hate that rat.

Originally Posted by Joe In NY
My 02 burb had a slightly tinted windshield with a tall blue strip at the top. Loved it. I really miss that in my 07. Also, the sun visers, my 02 when pulled them down and put them to the side there was a smaller secondary one to fold down as well. That really helped with long road trips because of the twisty roads, I hate d*cking around with the stupid design of the 07. So just bought good sunglasses. Boy, gm really took away some great features for their newer burbs...
Yes the older visors are missed in this burb, our 2005 burb had the expandable ones with the little plastic secondary visor.

And yes I love the Cummins in my truck it actually drives now. It took me 2 years working by myself, but I got it in there. I just have a few bugs to work out right now, just need some time.

Last edited by Blue Dog; July 18th, 2013 at 9:43 AM.
Old July 19th, 2013, 7:40 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the reply on the weight distribution setup. My 2010 LTZ comes with the tranny cooler, oil cooler and 3.42 rear end standard. I am pretty sure the 2009 LTZ does too. I traded my 2010 LT for that reason since the LT comes standard with a 3.08 rear end and no tranny cooler or oil cooler. I added a factory tranny cooler to the LT but that didn't help the rear end or increase the towing capacity.
Old July 19th, 2013, 1:35 PM
CF Junior Member

Here is a pic of the rig loaded up just before we left camp in Las Cruses, NM. you can see the clip on tow mirrors too.
Name:  seeburbantrailer_zpsce51b987.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  105.9 KB
Old July 19th, 2013, 8:32 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by in2pro

Never could understand why auto manufactures don't apply a UV coating to the front glass... there has to be something that can be applied that won't interfere with vision night or day but will help block the heat..
You didn't get the electro-deposited gold option?
Old July 19th, 2013, 9:24 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Blue Dog nice set up.
Old July 19th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very Nice rig
Old July 22nd, 2013, 3:25 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by fishing nut