Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2009 Tahoe NAV/DVD player

Search this Thread

Old January 16th, 2010, 1:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Tahoe NAV/DVD player

I know this may sound a stupid thing to do, but with the limitation that the OEM NAV/DVD "Middle East" version like (Can't play MP3 on a DVD format disc, Search the NAV is horrible, No USB output, No Mpeg support..) so I opted for a great system that is compatible with Tahoe 2009. I got it fit and it had a cool wiring harness that fit perfectly on the original wiring ..so no cutting/splicing was needed. The installer also guaranteed that all controls including steering wheel sound controls and rear view cam will work. He was right for all except I had no sound at all. after investigating it, the installer said can do it only if he bypass the amplifier. Since I didnt want to cut any wires, I decided to cancel the whole deal and revert back. Only thing I still miss all these stuff like MP3 in DVD, USB, MPEG, good Navigation system that can be updated and if the navigation application you don't like, just replace it with iGo, or Route66 or any other programs available. any way around this problem?