Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe Aftermarket DVD Player/Nav

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2006, 3:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe Aftermarket DVD Player/Nav

I am looking to install an aftermarket DVD player with all the bells and wistles, possibly nav. I have LT3 model with steering controls, reverse sensors, onstar with voice recog, etc, the usual for the LT2 & 3. I have heard there can be problems with the Onstar system when getting aftermarket products installed. I have researched this and the latest I have received is that in order to maintain all of the current functions that I have, I must keep the OEM stereo installed somewhere within the vehicle (hidden) and the aftermarket will run through that unit. This is in order to keep the rear sensor volume controls, the voice activation and all the other things that I was worried about losing. Does anyone know if this is true or not, or what would be the best solution or model to overcome this issue? Please help.

New member to this forum.. Let me introduce myself::
2nd Chevy Tahoe, Third Chevy Truck in a row (03 Avalanche)
I like to fix up my trucks to look real clean and not overdone, no lambo doors or 85 tv screens, the kind any man would love to have and any women would not be embarrassed to be seen in. I take pride in my vehicles because its my own money I use and not any type of sponsorship that pays the bills. Occassionally I will allow small sponsers if its a new product or something no one else has.

Current project

07 Silver Birch LT3 Litght Titanium(Special Order Cloth on LT3)
Chromed front and rear badges
4 piece Mr. Grille Alum Grille
Eibach 2/3 Lowering Springs
24 Rollexx Wheels w/ 305/35/24
AFE Stage 2 CAI
Color matched painted engine cover and var plastics
Debadged LT and Tahoe emblems, replaced with SS emblems (not a true SS but should hold up to)

Purchased not installed:
MagnaflowCatback system with single out
Superchip programmer 2815 (backorder) would like an Edge programmer but they only make for diesel

Future Mods:
DVD System
Remove Luggage racks and/or replace with Denali/Escalade rack
Blackout LED Tails

I will post pics shortly, once I install the Magnaflow

Thank you for allowing me to be here
Old December 28th, 2006, 4:12 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: 07 Tahoe Aftermarket DVD Player/Nav

welcome! There are several people on this forum who should be able to help with your questions.
You should post some pics of your truck to show off your current mods!

Old December 28th, 2006, 5:46 PM
CF Junior Member

I'm interested in the results you get from superchips!!!!!! Let us know!!!!!!!
Old December 29th, 2006, 12:00 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

angelfan11,

Your tahoe sounds great! I really want to see some pictures of the wheels, how it looks lowered with 24's, and your grille. Please post them as soon as you can. Thanks.
Old December 31st, 2006, 3:20 AM
CF Beginner

I'm no help on the aftermarket DVD/Nav question, I got the same response from my local shop. Sounds like they just haven't figured it out yet. I guess I'll wait awhile.

On other subject...I'm interested in how you are going to black out the rear tailights? Paint? or is there an aftermarket cover you are going to purchase? I've seen several pics on cardomain and I think it looks real nice.

Thanks
Old December 31st, 2006, 11:07 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

illini33,

There is a seller on ebay that has a tint film or something that blacks out the headlights and tailights for the 07 tahoes.
Old December 31st, 2006, 12:20 PM
CF Beginner

I will have pics up soon. I only have a few with some of the mods.. I wanted to wait until I put on the current ones (the ones coming in)at least until I set up a sequence.

As for the taillight black out... i tried a black film that was stock not custom cut that I paid 50 bucks for... I put it on and didnt like the overall results.. too many grooves and corners to lay smooth.. i used all the tricks and I could not do it... They do sale a precut kit on ebay for like 25 bucks that I would try if someone would tell me its easy,,but I dont want to shell out the extra $ again.... If i can get the led tails I want, then the surface is smooth,, should be easy.... There are also a lot forums on other sites that give you step by step painting instructions,, this is the most popular way, but also permanant... You use a see through type of paint and go through he normal painting procedures and it looks really good if done right.. i ve seen it on a few cars and trucks... there are also aftermarket smoked tails,, but not cheap..

Thanks for the replies and I hope someone will figure out the dvd question and let me know...

angelfan11
Old March 5th, 2023, 5:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default Follow up

Did you ever get any help with this? I want to do the same.