Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2009 Tahoe nav system no sound

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2014, 9:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Tahoe nav system no sound

Hallo Everybody,

My Truck: 2009 Tahoe LTZ with Bose, Bluetooth, XM,no entertainment system.
Nav System bought on ebay: part #15940103 came out of 2007 tahoe LTZ with Bose, Bluetooth.
Installed one week ago and being from another vehicle it showed Theft Lock but the bluetooth was working fine, i mean the i could use the phone Hands free with no problem despite Theft Lock message on the screen.
That tell me that the Bluetooth was not afflected at all by the radio not being unlocked.
Here it comes: Today i went to the Dealer and let them unlock it.
They brought back my car and told me that is no Sound! anything else: navigation, xm, fm/am showed up on the screen but no sound!
i tried to make a phone call, hands free and the AC slows down like it should but no sound.
They saying there is a problem that the car did not have a navigation sys. from the factory on but i dont believe that since my Bluetooth has been working allways with the radio locked too.
Please i need help, what do i need to tell the dealer to try again to restore my Hands free and the Sound?

Thank You ,

mg
Old August 29th, 2014, 7:08 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default nav

I thought the ones with nav had a second amp?

I've given up on modifying modern cars... I bought mine with nav for this very reason...

is there a way to test audio out of the new head unit? plug it into a small speaker or something to see if audio is coming out of it, then trace it from there to an amp then the speakers?