Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2010 Suburban ctr console question

Search this Thread

Old September 28th, 2020, 1:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Suburban ctr console question

I recently acquired a 2010 Suburban 1500 LT. The interior was really nasty and the only way it was going to get clean and rid of the smell was to remove the carpet and pressure wash it along with cleaning everything else. So now 2 months later I am starting to put it back together and found an extra wire/connector in the center console area that I can not figure out where it goes. It has the Bose system with subwoofer and all my harnesses match back up. The unknown harness is a 2 wire black/red-white with a female connector on the end about 18" long. It comes off of the harness that is under the front seat area but is located in the center console area. By the color code it appears to be a 12v power source. Both front seats have the bigger multi pin plug and the yellow air bag connector and I dont see any other plugs on them. I verified that the 12v outlets in the center console are part off the big multi pin connector. The connector is female so it doesnt plug into any of the modules, more like something else plugs into it. Any ideas?

Also what is the purpose of the circular hole pattern on the drivers side of the center console? It looks like a tiny speaker hole or microphone hole, but there is nothing on the back side of it.

Thanks for the help.