Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2010 Suburban dragging feel during acceleration.

Search this Thread

Old September 6th, 2020, 4:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Suburban dragging feel during acceleration.

Hi folks, hope you guys are having a good day. I have a 2010 Suburban LT with RWD and just had a new flush transmission oil (16 liters), change of new filter tranny, and a new rear differential fluid change.

The mechanic pull the tube on the radiator to bleed the oil transmission oil out and fill.

After having it change, the shift is good and when pushing the gas slow it runs smooth. But once you try to floor it, it has a dragging feel underneath the driver side.

Its very noticeable also when the truck is at a very steep hill and you could feel a rough/dragging acceleration on the driver side floor. My friend also could feel it behind the passenger rear seats as well.

When doing a full turn to the left, you can also feel like something or some parts are loose or something is jumping underneath it. No clunking or tug sound.

I also have this weird tug sound on the front driver/passenger side after the rear wheel hits humps. Im not sure if this sentence is correct. LOL

But the shift and slow acceleration is rather fine. I do live in the Philippines and parts is quite hard to find specially Chevy parts. I order in US and ship it via sea so it would take months for the parts to arrive.

I hope someone could give me advice on what to check, as I don't want to buy parts only to find out it was not the main issue.

NO check engine lights,

Last edited by Supurrban; September 6th, 2020 at 4:55 AM.
Old September 7th, 2020, 3:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

inspect the brake and suspension systems for worn parts.
The following users liked this post:
Supurrban (September 8th, 2020)
Old September 8th, 2020, 4:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I just went back to have it checked again. And it turnes out that the transmission mount (SKP brand) I have just installed few months back was too soft and was already sitting low. No signs of crack on it. And I would have not suspected since its just few months old. It was hitting the downpipe exhaust on the passenger side. The mechanic temporarily put a washer on the transmission mount to it would lift. Now the truck is running smooth. 😁😁😁