Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2010 Suburban driver side leak

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2015, 6:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Suburban driver side leak

I have a water leak on the driver side floor of my 2010 Suburban. I have no idea where the water is coming from. It's enough water to stain an oval sized circle about 12" by 8"s of the carpet. I have Weathertech mats but the water doesn't drip into the mats. I pull back the mats and it's there. I'd like to say it's there after I get a carwash only but I haven't attempted to track down where the leak may be coming from.
I just got the truck about a month ago. The mechanic where I bought the truck from told me it could be the cooling hoses are clogged. I am not optimistic about his guess even though he said he'd fix it in a few hours by blowing out the lines. I'm going on Tuesday 4-21-15 to get it done. If anyone else has had this problem and was successful in locating and fixing the problem, please message me back. I'd like to be prepared for the worst.
Old April 19th, 2015, 10:13 PM
CF Beginner

I've had it happen due to a heating core issue, floor bed on the driver side also got wet. For others whom I know who had water under their seats, they said it wasn't unusual for the seal on the third brake light to leak, so they have it replaced.

You can also check out the seals on the door and windshield to see if the leaks are coming from there, these can be repaired with a silicone sealer. In any case, I'd take the dealer's word for it and brace myself. they should help resolve the issue if they've pinpointed the cause.
Old September 22nd, 2015, 10:42 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2010 Suburban Driver Door Leak Repair

I also experienced this; water was accumulating and saturating the drivers side carpet and mat. At first I replaced the door weatherstripping because I could see rust where the two ends met; problem remained. Upon closer inspection I could see water dripping from behind the bottom of the interior door plastic panel. Next I removed the driver door interior panel and setup a garden hose on the roof of the car directing water over the closed drivers door. Found water pouring in around where the sideview mirror mounts to the door. Water would splash on internal door components and get onto the backside of the plastic interior panel, drip down and then could leak over the door threshold onto the carpet. To fix, I removed the sideview mirrior and applied some black sealant between the plastic and the window weatherstripping. I also installed some wide self adhesive insulating tape to the interior of the door assembly to deflect any water that got in there away from the interior side so it can drain out the bottom of the door like it should.
Old September 22nd, 2015, 7:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

got a sunroof. the sunroof drain tube can come loose at the sunroof and water will drip down the a-pillar.
remove the a pillar trim and sun visor and pull the headliner down to inspect. if its good there, make sure the other end of the tube isn't clogged. water flows down this tube to a panel behind the fender left of the footwell. sometimes this area fills with mud and water can't out.