Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2010 Suburban Trans Cooler Hose leaking

Search this Thread

Old February 7th, 2013, 1:14 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Balloon Guy
I don't remember exactly, but my passenger said he felt it in his seat and his body, and it seemed to just be in a tight 2 or 3 MPH range. I was just attributing it to a tire slightly out of balance, though I am not sure. On the Cooler lines, if it was a defect right out of the factory and has finally leaked enough to be noticed, they still won't cover it or even help a little on a 2 year old $30K vehicle if it has over 40K Miles huh?
Depends on your service dept and the relationship you have w/ them. Mine probably would fix it under "Customer Satisfaction". Others wouldn't touch it. But in full disclosure, I do have them do all my maintenance and repair work and buy my vehicles there.
Old February 7th, 2013, 1:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have bought 2 new cars from them in 3 years. Opened a ticket with the 800 number, but I am not sure that will help. I have owned 8 suburbans in the last 10 years, you would think that would count for something! :-)
Old February 7th, 2013, 4:16 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Should count for something but if they did the service on them, would be much better.
Old February 7th, 2013, 6:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They didn't, as my brother works at an oil change place, and with 10 vehicles I currently have, I keep the business in the family. I DID just hear from the 800# and they spoke with the service manager and they said they would review further, and let me know tomorrow afternoon. Seems they would cover the $105 part to protect the $4,000 transmission that IS covered under the power train warranty. :-)
Old December 10th, 2013, 6:43 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

can someone provide a part number for the lines?

is this the right one? ACDELCO Part # 20828695

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...238&cc=1433403

just parked and smelled antifreeze. took a look and saw a small drip coming from lines that look similar to the pic. how hard would they be to change out? i'm pretty mechanically inclined. any tips?

Last edited by trainwreck91; December 10th, 2013 at 7:01 PM.
Old December 10th, 2013, 9:47 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by trainwreck91
can someone provide a part number for the lines?

is this the right one? ACDELCO Part # 20828695

More Information for ACDELCO 20828695

just parked and smelled antifreeze. took a look and saw a small drip coming from lines that look similar to the pic. how hard would they be to change out? i'm pretty mechanically inclined. any tips?
trainwreck your throwing me here
The thread is about the transmission lines, you said you smelled anti-freeze and the link is for the engine oil cooling lines....
Where is your leak, on the lines? if so I'd check the connections at the radiator, the lines may just need to be snugged up, also check the larger nut on the radiator as it holds a separate cooler in the end cap of the radiator for the transmission and for the engine oil cooler...
Old December 11th, 2013, 8:02 AM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by in2pro
trainwreck your throwing me here
The thread is about the transmission lines, you said you smelled anti-freeze and the link is for the engine oil cooling lines....
Where is your leak, on the lines? if so I'd check the connections at the radiator, the lines may just need to be snugged up, also check the larger nut on the radiator as it holds a separate cooler in the end cap of the radiator for the transmission and for the engine oil cooler...
Sorry. That's my bad. It's the line that connects to the radiator on the passenger side. There's red fluid leaking a few inches from the connection on the radiator. I'm guessing that's anti freeze. But it looks like the lines run all the way back to the tranny. That's why I thought they were for the trans cooler???
Old December 11th, 2013, 9:14 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Okay... I understand... yes that is the transmission cooling lines, however since you are smelling anti-freeze...I would go back to checking the fittings at the trans lines to the radiator... Basicly don't assume the lines are the problem just yet unless you can see physical damage to the lines. I would check the fittings for snugness, they might just be loose from the change in weather...
tighten, clean them up and monitor... if its antifreeze its not the line leaking it would be the radiator or radiator connection...
Old December 11th, 2013, 9:40 AM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by in2pro
Okay... I understand... yes that is the transmission cooling lines, however since you are smelling anti-freeze...I would go back to checking the fittings at the trans lines to the radiator... Basicly don't assume the lines are the problem just yet unless you can see physical damage to the lines. I would check the fittings for snugness, they might just be loose from the change in weather...
tighten, clean them up and monitor... if its antifreeze its not the line leaking it would be the radiator or radiator connection...
Ok. Thanks. Will do and then update
Old December 11th, 2013, 3:03 PM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by trainwreck91
Ok. Thanks. Will do and then update
Ok. So it looks like it's the rubber hose connection in between the aluminum connections. Trying to upload pics2010 Suburban Trans Cooler Hose leaking-image.jpg

Quick Reply: 2010 Suburban Trans Cooler Hose leaking