Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2010 tahoe

Search this Thread

Old October 23rd, 2009, 10:11 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sat Nav

GM offered me cash money because the voice command's don't work, I've been waiting 7 months... I filed with the better business beuru... I had a cash offer to drop the claim within 72 hours. I suggest you do the same. They have a faulty product, I'm not paying for it. Simple as that. I gave them 7 MONTHS to fix the god damn thing... No more mr nice guy. I will take them to the cleaners...
Old October 23rd, 2009, 11:59 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep updating this thread. My dealer says they will definitely keep on it, but I'm not waiting 7 months for a fix either. If there is no fix, I would be pretty happy with a lifetime On Star subscription, but I doubt they would go for that much $$$. Can I ask what they offered you dollar wise?
Old October 24th, 2009, 5:11 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Wonder if the tags are stored in the BCM?
Old October 26th, 2009, 7:56 AM
CF Active Member

Could be, but at least we know they're not in the head unit itself. Anyway, It goes back this morning. Hopefully there's something else to report later. Weird thing is that now if it decides to work, I've been able to get it to take a voice/nav command three times in a row, then the next time I drive it, 20 attempts and nothing.
Old October 26th, 2009, 8:33 AM
CF Addict

Default yep

that's exactly what happens w/mine. it works 100% till you shut it off, then never again! mwuahha hah ha hahahhhhaa ahhaa!

The BBB will get GM to move on it, I am expecting a 3 way call this week to 'resolve' the issue for cash basically... more details when its over...
Old October 26th, 2009, 5:31 PM
CF Active Member

OK, so what is the triggering event that gets it to work the next time? Damned thing worked twice in a row on the way to the dealer this morning. Now they call to say they believe it is a software issue (DUH!), and they are keeping my truck overnight.
Old October 27th, 2009, 8:02 AM
CF Addict

Default lol

don't waste your time. File w/the BBB now and get a check...

IF you get it to work, it will only work until you shut the engine off / open driver's door.

Then feel free to try it until you say 'Navigation Go To Hell' and realise you are already there.... If i had gun, I might have shot it by now... but that might not be under warrenty...

I have had the same issue since MARCH 2009 with my 2009 Tahoe, just file w/the BBB online, it gets GMs attention FAST... I can't believe I gave them 7 months before I filed... I am clearly too nice.
Old October 27th, 2009, 12:47 PM
CF Active Member

I am cautiously calling this fixed. I have not had a problem with it since I picked it up this morning (yes, several key on/key off cycles). They called late yesterday to tell me they found faulty grounds and did some re-programming. So far, it has not missed a command and I've tried it at least 20 times. There was a little background noise in my voice tag recordings even though the truck was off and the windows up when I recorded them. Now they sound different (cleaner) even though I haven't re-recorded them. I don't know if this will help you, but the dealer is Santa Paula Chevrolet, 805-525-2127.
Old October 27th, 2009, 1:57 PM
CF Addict

Default well

i'll cash my check for waiting 7 months for no fix, then give them a call
Old October 27th, 2009, 2:00 PM
CF Active Member

Can't argue with that.

Quick Reply: 2010 tahoe