Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2010 tahoe

Search this Thread

Old December 27th, 2009, 8:17 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

It's all about money. The Esky has a heated steering wheel and LED headlites, the Tahoe doesn't.
Old December 28th, 2009, 11:06 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
StSqrl: The powerfold 2nd row are still there, just only have the buttons by the C pillar.

Dennis: You can't lock the doors w/ the key in the ignition on the NBS. Not sure when they started that.

Fast55: The reason they dropped the heated washer was because thru GM's ineptness, they forced the mfg into bankruptcy. I just bought one from the successor company, AlphaTherm, for my new one.
I asked my dealer about retrofitting it and they said it could be done. I haven't really used it in the '07, so I passed on the $400.00 they quoted for it. The wife is still after me for the heated/cooled cup holder thing from the Escalade. Still hoping to find a wrecked platinum to get the parts cheaper.
Old December 29th, 2009, 4:49 PM
CF Beginner

Many times american (not sure if the foreign companies do it?) over the model years they start deleting items that were there early on due to $$$$ savings... If you notice the MSRP goes up and more times than not the content of the vehicle not as much. I noticed this in the trailblazer line as well.. 02's with the bose was the "real bose" 04+ used bose speakers but lesser quality, power folding mirrors on LTZ, dropped LTZ and never offered the mirrors again? Chrysler has done this as well in behicles i woned from them going from older to newer in door lights changed to reflectors, glove box lights... etc, etc.

I'm sure some are because of complaints, reliability but from my experience, working in a bunch of different car lines over the years (10yrs total before switching careers Ford, Pontiac, Chrysler, Jeep) it's about a penny here and there..
Old December 29th, 2009, 8:27 PM
CF Junior Member

just want to let you all know that i officially hate all of you....tried the nav name tag today and mine doesn't work either. sent an email to the dealer, we'll see what they say.....8^)
Old December 30th, 2009, 8:02 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ha ahhhahahh

Originally Posted by Press
just want to let you all know that i officially hate all of you....tried the nav name tag today and mine doesn't work either. sent an email to the dealer, we'll see what they say.....8^)

HHHAEEAAA HHA HAAA sucker... I got a $940 check for my troubles with it after the dealer and GM gave up after 7 trips!!!

I got no where until I opened a case w/the BBB... If your dealer can't fix it, I can give you my reference # from GM and the BBB so you can say, hey, it's been done before...

Did you see this from ford?
not only does it blow away anything on the market, it's 5 years ahead of anything ever!

If I could get this in a F-150 Raptor... it may be game over for my Tahoe...

http://www.fordworksolutions.com/Overview
Old December 30th, 2009, 10:14 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by 73shark
It's all about money. The Esky has a heated steering wheel and LED headlites, the Tahoe doesn't.
The LED headlights are another Platinum edition thing like the heated/cooled cupholders, all other Escalades have HID's. There are so few of them even in So. Cal. I haven't been able to find a wrecked one.
Old December 30th, 2009, 4:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
HHHAEEAAA HHA HAAA sucker... I got a $940 check for my troubles with it after the dealer and GM gave up after 7 trips!!!

I got no where until I opened a case w/the BBB... If your dealer can't fix it, I can give you my reference # from GM and the BBB so you can say, hey, it's been done before...
send me that info....that would be great....thanks