Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2010 Tahoe Lighting Upgrade Options

Search this Thread

Old April 14th, 2015, 11:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyFam08
I'm not looking for just a cheapo conversion kit, I'm willing to spend money on something worth while. We converted the Malibu('05 2LT) we had a few years ago thru the dealership for $250, but did the Accord('05 EX) we had before that for $100 with a DIY kit we ordered online. Both lasted until we traded them in at 2-3 years of ownership. So it's been at least 6 years since we've done a HID conversion, just looking for some direction/suggestion on where and what to look for!
Look into LED as there are a few manufactures already building replacement system for the 2007-2014 tahoe/avalanche/suburban.

I'm looking into this option myself. I've seen a few replacements already on some Chevy pick-ups and the seam brighter than the sylvania extra white that I have now.

Lumen® - H11

PUTCO - CREE LED XM HEADLIGHT CONVERSION KITS

There are other manufactures too.

Last edited by 2011tahoe4wd; April 14th, 2015 at 11:33 PM.
Old April 17th, 2015, 9:03 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 2011tahoe4wd
Look into LED as there are a few manufactures already building replacement system for the 2007-2014 tahoe/avalanche/suburban.

I'm looking into this option myself. I've seen a few replacements already on some Chevy pick-ups and the seam brighter than the sylvania extra white that I have now.

Lumen® - H11

PUTCO - CREE LED XM HEADLIGHT CONVERSION KITS

There are other manufactures too.

My driver's side just went out last night and we replaced them both with the Sylvania Extra bright. I have yet to drive it during the night to see if there is even a difference from the ones before. We had projections in our '14 Durango and I loved the way they brightened up the road. The few tahoes I've seen with the projector headlights look too "aftermarket" to me and I'd like to keep the stock housing and just do the conversion. But now that I just replaced the headlights, I'm not as antsy about doing the conversion kit as I am doing a few other things first! lol
Old April 17th, 2015, 10:16 PM
CF Senior Member

Piaa super whites. Extreme whites. Change all the bulbs
You'll love em
Old April 21st, 2015, 7:05 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by blueinterceptor
Piaa super whites. Extreme whites. Change all the bulbs
You'll love em

We changed both out and the brightness they do give off is WAY better than whatever bulbs were in there before. How about fog lights? Do you have a preference/suggestion for fog lights? Does Sylvania make Extra Bright fog lights or something similar?