Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2011 LS Stereo Upgrade Questions

Search this Thread

Old July 5th, 2017, 12:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 LS Stereo Upgrade Questions

Attempt #2. No idea what happened to my post the first time around. It's been awhile since I've done a stereo install, just got a 2011 Avalanche LS without the Bose stereo and desperately need to upgrade. I figured the Tahoe/Suburban forum would get more traffic and they're basically the same thing. I'm just going to launch into a series of questions and I think it sounds a little needy but eliminates multiple posts and keeps things concise.

Phone controls are on the steering wheel, does it have a mic? What do I need to keep functionality of steering wheel controls/possible mic/OnStar with an aftermarket head unit?

How are the front door speakers and pillar tweeters handled? Are they treated as one channel keeping the whole system as a 4-channel? Should they be replaced with component speakers or as a 2/3-way and a separate tweeter?

Going to install a JL Stealthbox, are there any suggested places for amp location?

Best way to bring the wiring inside the cab for a reverse camera?

How to retain/reuse USB connection in the console?

I appreciate any and all feedback. Thank you!