Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2011 Tahoe Chirping Noise Engine Area

Search this Thread

Old June 21st, 2012, 9:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So after dealing with the noise for a few months, I went back to the dealer to hopefully get this resolved. They replaced the belt tensioner, which didn't help.

The next step was to get involved with the brand quality manager at GM. I decided to do some investigating myself. I took the belt off, started the engine up and the noise is gone. I played around with some of the pulleys, and the power steering pump pulley squeaks. I put the belt back on, started the truck up and the noise was back.

I then decided to pull up warranty data on the GMT900 platform to see if any power steering pump pulleys have been replaced and what the customer concern was. A handful over the past few months have been replaced due to a chirping/squeaking sound.

I brought it to the dealer this morning and the service manager had no problem getting a pump and pulley in to install. It should be done later today or tomorrow, and I really hope this takes care of the issue.
Old June 21st, 2012, 9:37 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Work Quality

This just goes to show you the level of quality and commitment GM provides with every vehicle they slap together with glue sticks and glitter.

Clearly they are too busy taking government bail outs, selling mediocre cars, ripping off other makers technology and burning piles of cash, to truly investigate your issue.

Let us know how you make out
Old June 25th, 2012, 10:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the P/S pulley and pump being replaced, so far so good. I only drove it for a little bit after the repair before giving it back to my wife and wasn't hearing anything. I'll have to drive it again here this week and confirm.