Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2012 Suburban LT media help

Search this Thread

Old January 10th, 2019, 6:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Suburban LT media help

Hi all, my old dream came true, buying a Suburban tomorrow and will sell my Tundra
It isn't new , 2012 LT model but I already love it. I am a gadget guy , lol and I don't like that basic factory radio. Please help me to recommend some aftermarket ( but factory fit) touchscreen unit.
I used Rosen units with my dodge, chrysler and Toyota models before, but I would like to know what are my options with chevy. If is possible I am looking some really good navigation / media player combination, but honestly i don't want to spend a lot. Also what are my option to instal a back up camera? With the Tundra was very easy and cheap , bought an aftermarket handle with a built in camera for the tailgate.

Old January 10th, 2019, 6:33 PM
CF Beginner

Amazon Amazon
, thinking about something like this, but I will need a factory fit, and feedback from you guys
Old January 10th, 2019, 8:16 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum. You could check with Crutchfield because they usually have a lot of options and would be glad to talk with you.
Old January 10th, 2019, 8:41 PM
CF Beginner

I am looking for a factory fit plug and go like ROSEN has , I can get those around $500, i just looking a bit cheaper version if possible. Nobody did any mods?
Old January 11th, 2019, 11:46 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I've looked at upgrading the head unit in my Denali, since I don't have the nav/touchscreen like I have in my Suburban. Biggest knock I've seen on aftermarket units is the bootup time. For me, that's a dealbreaker. I'm not going to deal with something that takes 20 seconds before I can use anything. Just too annoying. Plus, it seems like just about every head unit forces some kind of compromise, that such-and-such feature is not compatible/usable. Yes, I don't have a touch screen or backup camera, but at least everything works as it should.

I have yet to see an aftermarket unit that would even tempt me to open my wallet to the tune of $500-$1000. Maybe I'm just being unrealistic?
Old January 11th, 2019, 2:05 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Crutchfield
Old January 11th, 2019, 7:15 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

here is what I did to my 07 Tahoe. I installed a Rosen and bought a factory backup cam from the dealer and installed it so it would be totally factory. It is just a little time consuming but very doable. I think it took me 2 hours to install the camera and remove the trim inside to run the wires. So happy I did it. My Tahoe is the only one I know of that is a LT model with a backup cam.