Coolant leak somewhere around firewall on passenger side. 2003 LT Suburban - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Tahoe & Suburban
Reload this Page >

Coolant leak somewhere around firewall on passenger side. 2003 LT Suburban

Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Coolant leak somewhere around firewall on passenger side. 2003 LT Suburban

Old January 10th, 2019, 10:26 AM
CF Beginner

Default Coolant leak somewhere around firewall on passenger side. 2003 LT Suburban

Hey gang!
So, my 2003 Suburban LT has sprung a coolant leak that seems to be originating from somewhere around the firewall on the passenger side. I'm planning to rip into this to repair it tomorrow and was wondering where you guys think the leak may be coming from.

The heat is working well so, I don't think there's ay reason to replace the heater core at least.

What are y'all's thoughts as to where this leak is coming from?
Old January 10th, 2019, 1:52 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by armitchell View Post
Hey gang!
So, my 2003 Suburban LT has sprung a coolant leak that seems to be originating from somewhere around the firewall on the passenger side. I'm planning to rip into this to repair it tomorrow and was wondering where you guys think the leak may be coming from.

The heat is working well so, I don't think there's ay reason to replace the heater core at least.

What are y'all's thoughts as to where this leak is coming from?
Bad hose or tube? Can you post a pic?
Old January 11th, 2019, 8:11 AM
CF Beginner

I suspect a leak could be from the quick disconnect fittings at the firewall, passenger side. We had one break in August on our 2005 Yukon. Internet search showed many with same break or leak there.

Old January 11th, 2019, 2:16 PM
CF Beginner

The thing is, there's zero coolant leaking down the face of the firewall. Everything seems to be coming from inside the firewall and leaking down on the passenger side frame rail. So, maybe something inside the firewall has sprung a leak? Is that even possible?
Old January 11th, 2019, 2:20 PM
CF Beginner

The thing is, there's zero coolant leaking down the face of the firewall. Everything seems to be coming from inside the firewall and leaking down on the passenger side frame rail. So, maybe something inside the firewall has sprung a leak? Is that even possible?
Heater core leaking??

Old January 11th, 2019, 2:22 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Cusser View Post
Heater core leaking??
Sadly, I think you're right. Definitely not excited about digging into the dash to replace it.
Old January 11th, 2019, 11:54 PM
CF Pro Member

Sorry, I'm a bit dense - is this leak interior or exterior?
Old January 13th, 2019, 1:51 AM
CF Veteran

Sadly, I think you're right. Definitely not excited about digging into the dash to replace it.
If your heater core is leaking you should be able to smell the anti-freeze when your heater is hot. Have you checked the drain hose for the climate control box yet?

Search this Thread
Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: