Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2013 silverado HD 6.0...rusted fuel lines...

Old May 31st, 2018, 6:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 silverado HD 6.0...rusted fuel lines...

I've seen several posts of people trying to be OEM/Certified GM mechanics...replacing chevys BS, SUB QUALITY (I'm restraining myself/language) lines.....
Similar to the brake lines that about got me killed at 30,000 miles, when THEY rusted THROUGH/failed.... WIDE SPREAD issue that SHOULD have also been recalled! I replaced w/ SS lines, BTW.
What I'm getting at is, WHY don't people use the plastic line for the WHOLE route? Wrap them in some 'loom' if you think they'll fail again/get 'rubbed' through...

I'd be an IDIOT to put metal lines back in..(when they go right into a plastic line).. in the exact STUPID place the braindead engineers put them ORIGINALLY!
Come on!!!
I see people pulling the transmission...torsion bars....this is RIDICULOUS!!!
If you can't tell, I'm REALLY mad!
My BABIED/garaged truck, has only 60k on the clock...RARELY driven in the winter....and wasn't driven AT ALL for about 4 years...

I know...it's MY fault for NOT driving it enough.......whatever... :P

Who has re-run these lines completely in NON CORROSIVE plastic?
what route did you go?
I KNOW you're out there....PM me if you're scared of ridicule from the 'purists'... lol
How many feet did you need?
Good sources?

THIS is how I WILL rectify this additional BLATANT example of GM saving $5.00 per truck on ****ty materials...

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited by McGyver9; May 31st, 2018 at 6:49 PM. Reason: rant wasn't GOOD enough
Old June 3rd, 2018, 8:06 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by McGyver9
I've seen several posts of people trying to be OEM/Certified GM mechanics...replacing chevys BS, SUB QUALITY (I'm restraining myself/language) lines.....
Similar to the brake lines that about got me killed at 30,000 miles, when THEY rusted THROUGH/failed.... WIDE SPREAD issue that SHOULD have also been recalled! I replaced w/ SS lines, BTW.
What I'm getting at is, WHY don't people use the plastic line for the WHOLE route? Wrap them in some 'loom' if you think they'll fail again/get 'rubbed' through...

I'd be an IDIOT to put metal lines back in..(when they go right into a plastic line).. in the exact STUPID place the braindead engineers put them ORIGINALLY!
Come on!!!
I see people pulling the transmission...torsion bars....this is RIDICULOUS!!!
If you can't tell, I'm REALLY mad!
My BABIED/garaged truck, has only 60k on the clock...RARELY driven in the winter....and wasn't driven AT ALL for about 4 years...

I know...it's MY fault for NOT driving it enough.......whatever... :P

Who has re-run these lines completely in NON CORROSIVE plastic?
what route did you go?
I KNOW you're out there....PM me if you're scared of ridicule from the 'purists'... lol
How many feet did you need?
Good sources?

THIS is how I WILL rectify this additional BLATANT example of GM saving $5.00 per truck on ****ty materials...

Thanks,
Chris
Hey Chris, I live in Pa and we live in salt and slush for 6 months every year. Replacing brake and fuel lines with stainless lines is almost required if you want to keep your truck and want to be safe.
Old June 4th, 2018, 2:04 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My wife was in a crash as a direct result of rusted brake lines. Thanks GM!

She was in a 2001 Suburban at the time. Plastic coating them should be fairly cheap. I usually take a can of rust stop gloss black to the underside of any car I own... 1-2 cans. paint everything. literally just everything lol. axles, drive shafts, shocks, etc. Just not like air bag sensors, etc.
Old June 4th, 2018, 5:21 PM
CF Beginner

I hope your wife is ok. Some company in Michigan is on ebay selling nylon fuel lines as a complete kit. I wonder how durable they are?

Search this Thread