Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2013 Suburban won't start!!

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2015, 9:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2013 Suburban won't start!!

I went to start the Suburban yesterday and it would not start - in either park, drive nor neutral. It would not crank at all - like a dead battery but all the lights were on and the windows worked fine. I had the "Service Traction Control" and the "Service Stabilitytrack" messages on.

I then called for a jumpstart and it started right up but then I had two new messages on "Service battery charging system" and "service trailer brake controller." The other two messages had now been replaced with these two.

I plugged my travel trailer in and the truck would not see trailer. It normally tells me that the trailer is connected and I can see the brake gain when I press the brake pedal, but this time none of that was happening.

I had it towed to the dealer 150 miles away but the dealer says they can't find an issue and can't replicate it. Anyone have any ideas? I am about 1500 miles from home traveling with a trailer with the family and now I do not feel safe with this SUV afraid of being stranded or worse without brakes while towing over a mountain pass.

Thanks!

G
Old April 8th, 2015, 9:57 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So it starts now?

Is this with the same key?