Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2013 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old December 3rd, 2012, 2:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Tahoe

Hello all,
Before I ask my first question, I'd like to say hello. So "HI!"
I've owned nothing but Chevrolets my whole life and I love their products.
Here's my questions/problem. Hopefully someone will have the solution.
I'm looking to buy a 2013 Chevy Tahoe LS 4X4 in Blue Ray Metallic and Black cloth interior. It seems this vehicle is a bit of a unicorn. I tried to order it directly from the factory, but was told the last spray date for this color was Nov. 23. Is it true Chevy does't currently have a blue color for new Tahoes?! I find this REALLY hard to believe, but it's what I've been told.
Thanks in advance for any help/insight you all might have.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 6:14 PM
CF Senior Member

welcome.

chevrolet offers the blue ray metallic and they are offering a concord blue in the spring of 2013.

why are they stopping spraying blue ray mettalic. i just picked up my 2013 suburban in blue ray. one of my body moldings came out a lighter than the rest of the truck. is there a problem with the paint? its a nice color though.

ETA just spoke to my dealer. all of the metalic colors except for silver and white diamond have been suspended until january 2013. they will restart production then.

the question is for louie the customer service rep. is there a problem with this paint. should i just back out of this color now.

Last edited by blueinterceptor; December 4th, 2012 at 4:31 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2012, 7:33 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

That color was supposed to be available Fall 2012 but usually when they cancel a color, it's because there was a problem w/ it.
Old December 4th, 2012, 2:15 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by MUpde
Hello all,
Before I ask my first question, I'd like to say hello. So "HI!"
I've owned nothing but Chevrolets my whole life and I love their products.
Here's my questions/problem. Hopefully someone will have the solution.
I'm looking to buy a 2013 Chevy Tahoe LS 4X4 in Blue Ray Metallic and Black cloth interior. It seems this vehicle is a bit of a unicorn. I tried to order it directly from the factory, but was told the last spray date for this color was Nov. 23. Is it true Chevy does't currently have a blue color for new Tahoes?! I find this REALLY hard to believe, but it's what I've been told.
Thanks in advance for any help/insight you all might have.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> MUpde,

Have you checked out Chevrolet.com for available vehicles? Please check out: Build Your Own 2013 Chevy Tahoe | Mid-Size SUV | Chevrolet

I would be happy to locate one for you.

Please PM me your name, contact number and vehicle trim preferences.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 4th, 2012, 4:28 PM
CF Senior Member

I would like to know if there is problem with the color or the paint?