Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Chevy Suburban MyLink reboot issue

Search this Thread

Old April 10th, 2015, 1:46 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I plead the 5th.
Old May 31st, 2015, 4:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Colorado my link reboot

just bought a new Colorado this Monday night. 2 days later when I got in the truck to go to work the my link didn't work. Black screen, nothing. Called the dealer and was told to bring it in. That afternoon when leaving work a reboot message came on the screen. Afterward the screen came back on. But the phone didn't work. The Bluetooth audio , and the text app didn't work. Next morning nothing at all worked again. On my first day off on Saturday morning I brought the truck in. Got a call later saying the truck was good. Picked it up and still no phone or Bluetooth or text app. Brought the technician back out and he apologized and said I'll have to drop the truck off again on Monday and get a loaner vehicle. Now nothing at all works so my brand new truck is sitting in my driveway while I drive my 2000 jeep Cherokee beater. Called the dealer today to discuss returning the truck. I mean it broke 2 days after I bought it and they can't fix it. But the sales managers were unable to help me. Was told that there was no return policy. Any advice out there?
Old June 1st, 2015, 7:14 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lemon Law

Well, 3x repairs for the same thing usually can result in lemon law case, but often only if it affects the safety, usability, or a few other items. Check with your state and a lawyer. Ideally find one who specializes in lemon autos.

Lemon law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't wait to file, or get a lawyer hoping things will get better. Document, Document, Document, record, film, get in writing, get receipts, print out, and more. Save everything in a binder. Get a video and throw it on youtube.

STATE LEMON LAW CRITERIA | The Center for Auto Safety
Old June 1st, 2015, 12:02 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jls882000
just bought a new Colorado this Monday night. 2 days later when I got in the truck to go to work the my link didn't work. Black screen, nothing. Called the dealer and was told to bring it in. That afternoon when leaving work a reboot message came on the screen. Afterward the screen came back on. But the phone didn't work. The Bluetooth audio , and the text app didn't work. Next morning nothing at all worked again. On my first day off on Saturday morning I brought the truck in. Got a call later saying the truck was good. Picked it up and still no phone or Bluetooth or text app. Brought the technician back out and he apologized and said I'll have to drop the truck off again on Monday and get a loaner vehicle. Now nothing at all works so my brand new truck is sitting in my driveway while I drive my 2000 jeep Cherokee beater. Called the dealer today to discuss returning the truck. I mean it broke 2 days after I bought it and they can't fix it. But the sales managers were unable to help me. Was told that there was no return policy. Any advice out there?
Hello jls882000,

I'm sorry to learn of the ongoing issue with your MyLink system and I truly apologize if your concerns were not addressed during your most recent service visit. We'd like to investigate this matter and contact the involved dealership for further assistance. Please send your VIN, mileage, contact information, and involved dealership in a private message.

Thank you and we look forward to your message.

Jasmine F
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 9th, 2015, 12:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default Did you ever get it fixed?

I have a 2015 Equinox and my suv is doing the same thing. While driving the whole screen shuts off and reboots. I have an appointment for today at 6pm but I'm concerned. I've made one car payment.

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello jls882000,

I'm sorry to learn of the ongoing issue with your MyLink system and I truly apologize if your concerns were not addressed during your most recent service visit. We'd like to investigate this matter and contact the involved dealership for further assistance. Please send your VIN, mileage, contact information, and involved dealership in a private message.

Thank you and we look forward to your message.

Jasmine F
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 9th, 2015, 1:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default Did you get it fixed?

I have a 2015 Equinox and it does the same thing. Reboots the whole system. Nothing works right before it the screen goes blank. The touch screen nor the home buttons function. It takes about 2 mins and then works fine. So far my suv has only done the reboot first thing in the morning. I'm just concerned that the dealer is going to say the same things to me like they cannot duplicate the issue. I've only made one car payment!

Originally Posted by kanico
The MyLink Radio in my 2015 Suburban randomly reboots... the screen goes blank, I loose bluetooth connectivity and the audio stream (USB with MP3's) that I am listening to gets interrupted and if I am navigating I have to for it to recycle (1 - 2 minutes) before I can resume navigation. This problem happens if I am driving or sitting still, regardless of whether or not I am using navigation (and happens even when I am NOT currently viewing the navigation screen). The audio does seem to stutter seconds before the radio display screen goes blank and the radio reboots.

This is an intermittent problem that I am having with my 2015 Chevrolet Suburban MyLink with Navigation. I've had the dealer keep my car all day for diagnosis, but they were unable to duplicate this issue, since it only happens about once every couple of hours.

I posted this problem on you tube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKoe_BKGz14

Another owner of a 2015 Tahoe posted on my Youtube article commenting that he was having the same problem.

I opened up a CASE# with General Motors... I will post updates here and on the Youtube article as I get them.
Old July 9th, 2015, 3:18 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Sray11
I have a 2015 Equinox and my suv is doing the same thing. While driving the whole screen shuts off and reboots. I have an appointment for today at 6pm but I'm concerned. I've made one car payment.
Hi Sray,

Very sorry for this! We are happy to hear that you are bringing this to the dealership's attention, and we would be more than happy to look into this further as well. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 6th, 2015, 1:48 AM
CF Beginner

My 2015 Equinox MYLINK infotainment (no nav) has rebooted on me 11 times in the first 21 days of ownership. It will do it when it's on, off, XM, AM, and on FM. This like the Silverado's and Surburban's issue runs through all MyLink systems. Some people probably don't know where to voice the issue and because if you can't force it to reboot then it doesn't happen in the eyes of the dealership! All owners are presumed liars until you can prove otherwise. It's not a clunk or squeak that nobody knows where it comes from. It a software issue and its' intermittent.
Old August 23rd, 2015, 1:49 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default 2015 Suburban Mylink issues

I recently bought a 2015 Suburban form Hall Chevy in Chesapeake Va. With in 3 days the Mylink screen would go blank for no reason but would reboot itself within 30 seconds to a minute. This would happen sometimes 3 to 4 times in a 30 minute period. The dealership had me bring it back in and said the Mylink system needed updated (like a cell phone). As they tried to upload the updates, they noticed my system would not allow the updates to happen. They called GM and were instructed to replace the Mylink system and all the wiring. The process took about a week. Yes, its disappointing that a 65,000 dollar vehicle was having issues so soon but the problem was resolved. Hall Chevy put us in another Suburban while ours was being fixed and insured us the if we were not satisfied, they would replace the vehicle. Its not often that you find a dealership that will stand behind their product as highly as Hall Chevy! I feel 100% at ease knowing their Sales and Service Departments are second to none. I will keep buying Chevy for years to come.
Old September 18th, 2015, 6:31 PM
CF Beginner

Default Digital music

We just bought a Chevy suburban and from day one when we hook up our phones to the usb port the music has a slow response and the music skips like a cd. We have took it to the dealerships where we have bought it. But they say they can not duplicate the
Problem. It happens one who start driving or go on long drives. They say that it is our phones or our cable. But after the first time they looked at it. We bought a new Apple charger
Cord. Yet it still does it. Also the prior vehicle that we owned dos
Not have the same problem. It worked perfectly. No delay no skips. Also
When our suburban was in the shop we had a rental. Did not have the same problem with that vehicle. So please help us out. Pls txt 9512266202

Quick Reply: 2015 Chevy Suburban MyLink reboot issue