Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Chevy Suburban MyLink reboot issue

Search this Thread

Old March 7th, 2016, 4:24 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having same issue with 2016 Equinox. My wife had 4 hour trip in December and it restarted 4 times. The dealer couldn't find a problem. It's happened once or twice driving locally since. I just drove from NY to Michigan and my infotainment system rebooted about 6 times. I had to call Onstar Several times to have them resend the directions. I finally gave up and used my IPhone for Navigation. I will not renew Onstar.
Old June 8th, 2016, 4:17 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2014 Chevrolet Equinox that has a problematic Infotainment system. My screen will freeze, drop my device from the list of connected bluetooth devices, and make stuttering noises with the audio played over bluetooth.
I have brought it in several times to the dealer and they have provided an update to the system as the fix. After the first time, I started realizing I have deeper problems than a simple “update” will fix. These updates are not covered under any extended warranty according to the service representative.

Here are a few videos that show the symptoms.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...aYV1UvwjGOrLm7

Has anyone else had the same issue? I live in California and want to see if this is covered by the CA Lemon Law.
Old June 8th, 2016, 6:38 PM
CF Beginner

Default Mylink system not working

Chevy Malibu
I have the same problem with my 2015 Chevrolet Malibu. Mylink system reboots about every 20 min on some days. No interruption in music before it starts. Only indication l have is no controls will work on steering wheel or console. Volume, phone, channel select all freeze until it reboots. Sometimes I have to pull over and turn car off, open door and wait about 10 seconds to reboot it. As stated before several times in this feed. Chevy won't do anything until they see it. Been happening since day one.Kinda wish I had followed my first mind and stuck with my usual brand.

We can definitely understand how frustrating this may seem, and we are saddened to hear that this experience has made you re-think our products. We want you to continue loving your Traverse, and are here to help in the best way possible.

If you would like a second opinion at another GM Dealership, or would like for us to work with your preferred dealership, we would be happy to get in touch with them. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and dealer. We look forward to your response!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care[/QUOTE]
Old June 9th, 2016, 11:18 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by billyblackview
I have a 2014 Chevrolet Equinox that has a problematic Infotainment system. My screen will freeze, drop my device from the list of connected bluetooth devices, and make stuttering noises with the audio played over bluetooth.
I have brought it in several times to the dealer and they have provided an update to the system as the fix. After the first time, I started realizing I have deeper problems than a simple “update” will fix. These updates are not covered under any extended warranty according to the service representative.

Here are a few videos that show the symptoms.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...aYV1UvwjGOrLm7

Has anyone else had the same issue? I live in California and want to see if this is covered by the CA Lemon Law.

Hi billyblackview,

We regret to hear about your infotainment system in your Equinox and recognize how this is frustrating. We would be happy to look further in to this for you, please feel free to shoot us a private message.

Best,

Cristina
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 9th, 2016, 3:11 PM
CF Beginner

Default Mylink system not working

Originally Posted by eric bradshaw
chevy malibu vin-1g11d5sl5ff178613
mileage -45,946
eric bradshaw -304-237-7868
autonation chevy, northpoint, alpharetta ga
i also have a video of it freezing.

I have the same problem with my 2015 chevrolet malibu. Mylink system reboots about every 20 min on some days. No interruption in music before it starts. Only indication l have is no controls will work on steering wheel or console. Volume, phone, channel select all freeze until it reboots. Sometimes i have to pull over and turn car off, open door and wait about 10 seconds to reboot it. As stated before several times in this feed. Chevy won't do anything until they see it. Been happening since day one.kinda wish i had followed my first mind and stuck with my usual brand.

We can definitely understand how frustrating this may seem, and we are saddened to hear that this experience has made you re-think our products. We want you to continue loving your traverse, and are here to help in the best way possible.

If you would like a second opinion at another gm dealership, or would like for us to work with your preferred dealership, we would be happy to get in touch with them. Feel free to send us a private message along with your vin, current mileage, contact information and dealer. We look forward to your response!

Patsy g
chevrolet customer care
[/quote]
Old March 9th, 2017, 6:17 PM
CF Beginner

Default Resolution?

Hi,
i am having this exact same issue, I was wondering if there was ever a resolution to this problem?
thank you,
Deena Withycombe

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi kanico,

We’re sorry to hear of the difficulties that you have been experiencing with your MyLink radio. I understand that you have contacted your dealership in regard to your concern and that they were unable to duplicate your concern. We would like to look further into this and contact your dealership on your behalf to discuss this with them. Feel free to send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealer name if our help is needed. We look forward to hearing from you!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 11th, 2017, 12:43 PM
Newly Registered

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
I bought my Tahoe to haul a 6,000 lb boat.

Explain to me how when it needs fixed (under warranty) you're allowed to give me a Lumina...

I never pushed the issue hard enough, but I don't think it's unreasonable to be provided the same type of vehicle. (I don't care if it's not a LTZ or brand new).

If I bought a Tahoe, I should be loaned.. a TAHOE...

But if GM wants $60-80,000 for a vehicle, it should 1. not break. 2. when it does, be supported by people who want to fix it, and accommodate you in the mean time. 3. they need to appreciate just what $65,000 is.

I need to haul me, the wife, and friends, gear, and tow. I bought a Tahoe. I didn't buy a Prius.
You think you have it bad? You should experience what I do when I drop off my Chevy Spark for maintenance. They don't even offer a loaner!
To be fair, though, it seems illogical to drive a 5000 lb. vehicle every day just so you can tow a 6000 lb. boat on the weekends.
Old October 19th, 2017, 2:19 PM
CF Beginner

Default Mylink not working

hello frustrated mylink owners! Add another to the unfortunate ones, mylink went blank and hasn’t came back, I can hear radio and control it only through steering wheel but not with radio buttons on dash or on screen (doesn’t come on) only see mylink logo when starting car but then goes blank and stays that way! $65k and 2yrs later this is what we get Chevy? Really!!?
Old December 11th, 2017, 12:32 AM
CF Beginner

Has anybody gotten resolution of the infotainment system issues yet and/or has a case number to get the local dealership to reference? I have the same issues of the screen blacking out, rear camera freezing up and constant flickering of my screen. Each time that I've taken it to the dealership they supposedly performed a software update that was supposed to fix the issues.
Old July 4th, 2018, 3:18 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2015 Chevy Suburban Middle passenger side seatbelt leaks during rain

So anyone else have this problem of a 2015 Chevy Suburban Middle passenger side seatbelt leaks during rain??? The dealership says Chevy knows about it but doesn’t know how to fix it?

Quick Reply: 2015 Chevy Suburban MyLink reboot issue