Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Chevy Suburban MyLink reboot issue

Search this Thread

Old July 5th, 2018, 12:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ruepp23@yahoo.com
So anyone else have this problem of a 2015 Chevy Suburban Middle passenger side seatbelt leaks during rain??? The dealership says Chevy knows about it but doesn’t know how to fix it?
You'll have a hard time getting answers when you A) revive an old post that is B) unrelated to your question, and C) post the same question multiple times in the forum.
Old July 5th, 2018, 8:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea was having a hard time getting site to work that day. Started a new thread about it and thought I only posted it on here once but apparently it went twice.

QUOTE=Miami Son;359156]

You'll have a hard time getting answers when you A) revive an old post that is B) unrelated to your question, and C) post the same question multiple times in the forum.[/QUOTE]

Old October 2nd, 2018, 9:51 AM
CF Beginner

Default Issue with mylink not working

My link radio will not work have been complaining to dealership for about a year with no resolution !!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi kanico,

We’re sorry to hear of the difficulties that you have been experiencing with your MyLink radio. I understand that you have contacted your dealership in regard to your concern and that they were unable to duplicate your concern. We would like to look further into this and contact your dealership on your behalf to discuss this with them. Feel free to send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealer name if our help is needed. We look forward to hearing from you!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old February 22nd, 2019, 8:23 AM
CF Beginner

2015 Suburban LT with the same issue It has happened numerous times. This is quite aggravating. Currently sitting at the dealership to see if they will come to any resolution about it.
Old February 25th, 2019, 10:18 PM
CF Beginner

Just drove off the lot with a 2018 suburban LT. paired my phone with no issues before backing out but before I reached the first stoplight, the screen (MyLink system) crashed and rebooted. My phone repaired automatically and the music began playing again. It happened Twice More before I made it home. Way to set first impressions with your customers, Chevrolet. What do I do now? I see lots of discussions about this, but no fixes posted. Do I need a firmware update? This has to be fixable, right? Please advise.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 4:09 PM
CF Beginner

Default Chevy: do you have any recommendations for a fix to this issue?

Please chime in, Chevy. I’m tired of my screen going blank every time I drive my $60k vehicle. How are you fixing this?
Old April 22nd, 2019, 4:19 PM
CF Beginner

Exclamation Chevy My Link Screen goes Blank - video

Chevy - please don't remain silent in this forum. Watch this video and advise on how to fix. At the frequency and impacts of this issue, there should be a clear path to resolution for all chevy owners at not cost to them. What is Chevy's response to this?
Old August 28th, 2019, 5:08 PM
CF Beginner

Angry

We have had the same problem over the past six weeks. Navigation cuts out, radio stops playing then comes back on, one of two previously paired phones will not work through the system and eventually a screen comes up that says "text". The most distracting thing is the screen flashes on its own while we are driving and moves from one screen shot to another. Obviously we have done that thru the phones but never when attached to Mylink radio. We took it to the dealer last week. They did a software upgrade and then ran expensive diagnostics which found an unrelated problem but no issues with Mylink. The mechanic told my wife to have a salesman look at it. Well, the sales rep worked with her and all the above issues presented themselves. The only thing he could suggest was going back to service; however, our sense is there is nothing more for them to do.
Old August 28th, 2019, 5:16 PM
CF Beginner

I have a theory that it's the HDMI cable. Chevy didn't get it connected to the display unit sung enough and over time (temperature and vibrations when driving affect it) it's wiggling lose just enough to make the monitor display flicker and eventually go black sometimes. ...jostle the HDMI cable in your TV at home to recreate the experience.

Why Chevy can't even bother to chime in here to help their customers with this issue is terrible. Since I've posted the above, I've talked to two other friends I know with suburbans and they've experienced the same exact thing intermittently. more so in cold month. Customers should not have to pay for this fix.

If someone as the means and patience, can you dig into the dash and find that cable and wiggle it (behind the glove box is the unit maybe?) and see if that can recreate the problem?
Old October 10th, 2019, 4:14 PM
CF Beginner

Default Follow up on problem display which has failed

Took the Suburban back for follow-up problem diagnostic.s. The dealer said the unit needed to be replaced. We had to leave it a different day but in two hours they replaced it for a very reasonable price. Since we were patient and polite, and they are a first class dealership who had sold us the car and others before, all ended well.

Originally Posted by Jason Groenjes
I have a theory that it's the HDMI cable. Chevy didn't get it connected to the display unit sung enough and over time (temperature and vibrations when driving affect it) it's wiggling lose just enough to make the monitor display flicker and eventually go black sometimes. ...jostle the HDMI cable in your TV at home to recreate the experience.

Why Chevy can't even bother to chime in here to help their customers with this issue is terrible. Since I've posted the above, I've talked to two other friends I know with suburbans and they've experienced the same exact thing intermittently. more so in cold month. Customers should not have to pay for this fix.

If someone as the means and patience, can you dig into the dash and find that cable and wiggle it (behind the glove box is the unit maybe?) and see if that can recreate the problem?

Quick Reply: 2015 Chevy Suburban MyLink reboot issue