Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Suburban LT ride issue

Search this Thread

Old September 26th, 2015, 9:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blueinterceptor
What tire pressure? Have they checked the fluid in the differential?

Do you have autoride? Or regular shocks?
I have the regular shocks. (If by Auto ride you mean the magneto ride shocks on the LTZ.) The tire pressure is at spec. They did not check the differential fluid. I will ask them about that Monday. Thank you.
Old September 26th, 2015, 11:32 AM
CF Senior Member

Lt s could have 2 different shock systems. Ltz can only have magnetic shocks

Lt s can have the premium ride which are regular shocks and they could have autoride which is a air bladder system. If you added some weight to the back. Does the ride get any better? By weight I mean bags of potting soil salt. Stuff like that.

Last edited by blueinterceptor; September 29th, 2015 at 9:15 PM.
Old September 28th, 2015, 9:00 AM
CF Beginner

We bought a 2015 Suburban LT brand new back in January. We have the same problem and we have the 20 inch wheels. Its fairly smooth until 75mphs and at 80 the vibration/shaking is really annoying for a 60k vehicle. They have balanced it twice and the second time put all new tires on and road forced them and it helped a little (not perfect) for about 1k miles and now back to vibrating at 80mph....Please help because im tired of taking my vehicle to the dealership to leave it for 4 days to get the same result....
Old September 29th, 2015, 1:35 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdog88
We bought a 2015 Suburban LT brand new back in January. We have the same problem and we have the 20 inch wheels. Its fairly smooth until 75mphs and at 80 the vibration/shaking is really annoying for a 60k vehicle. They have balanced it twice and the second time put all new tires on and road forced them and it helped a little (not perfect) for about 1k miles and now back to vibrating at 80mph....Please help because im tired of taking my vehicle to the dealership to leave it for 4 days to get the same result....
Hi Bigdog88,

We truly apologize for the frustrating experience with your new Suburban. This is not the kind of impression we wanted to provide you, and we would be happy to look into this further for you. Please send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old April 11th, 2016, 10:35 AM
CF Beginner

we have a 2015 suburban 2wd 1/2 ton LS - the only option is the front 40/20/40 bench seat. we get this to have 9 seat belts so we can take the in-laws on trips with our 5 kids. this is our second LS suburban.

the folding center console vibrates at highway speeds and has done this for a long time. i first noticed it on our recent family trip from virginia to florida - it vibrated the whole time at highway speeds. given the distance and the many different road surfaces i am certain it's not a road surface issue, but rather a platform issue. my wife reported that it has been doing this for a long time.

we like the vehicle, but the vibration is concerning...

we are taking it to the dealer & will advise/update progress.
Old May 23rd, 2016, 3:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default Suburban Vibration Issue

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi Bigdog88,

We truly apologize for the frustrating experience with your new Suburban. This is not the kind of impression we wanted to provide you, and we would be happy to look into this further for you. Please send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
PLEASE HELP!

Has Chevrolet found a solution to this issue yet? I am having the same issue in a 2015 Suburban I purchased a few weeks ago... It has been at the dealership messing with wheels and tires for over a week now and having no luck. I did have the dealership install after market 20 inch wheels (also bc I liked the look) and we have the same issue. The problem is not consistent though sometimes it begins at 73mph the next time 83mph... They just put the factory wheels back on and it is still doing it at 83 - 85 mph (this was with 1 short test drive) like I say the issue is not consistent. But, the best way for me to explain is it feels like you are in a wind tunnel and its making the whole car shake - not just the steering wheel. I really want this car to work but the shimmying is more than just annoying!
Old May 23rd, 2016, 9:04 PM
CF Beginner

Default tell others what to do for resolution....

register a complaint with nhtsa.gov - this should provide some transparency to all parties for the scope of this issue.

know your state's lemon laws to follow guidelines for notification, possible arbitration? & legal filing...

be polite to all involved & hopefully gm will find a solution.

our 2004 suburban with 168,000 miles did not vibrate. we used store brand pep boys tires that we never road force balanced.

our 2015 suburban has a vibration issue with road force balanced oem selected tires (3 different types).

vibration can damage other systems.

we are planning to keep our suburban for 12 years until the kids finish college... & believe gm will take care of the issue(s).

Originally Posted by jlbtwebb
PLEASE HELP!

Has Chevrolet found a solution to this issue yet? I am having the same issue in a 2015 Suburban I purchased a few weeks ago... It has been at the dealership messing with wheels and tires for over a week now and having no luck. I did have the dealership install after market 20 inch wheels (also bc I liked the look) and we have the same issue. The problem is not consistent though sometimes it begins at 73mph the next time 83mph... They just put the factory wheels back on and it is still doing it at 83 - 85 mph (this was with 1 short test drive) like I say the issue is not consistent. But, the best way for me to explain is it feels like you are in a wind tunnel and its making the whole car shake - not just the steering wheel. I really want this car to work but the shimmying is more than just annoying!
Old May 25th, 2016, 8:23 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You mean just like GM "took care" of the ignition switch issue?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genera...switch_recalls
Old June 2nd, 2016, 5:50 PM
CF Beginner

I bought a 2015 LT last august. I had a vibration problem with the 22s on it. When i took it to a local tire shop, they told me that 1 front rim was slightly out of round. So after balancing the best he could, he swapped the 2 front rims. Vibration gone! I've gone at least 80 with no problems.
Old March 10th, 2017, 9:31 AM
CF Beginner

Default Another one with vibration issue

Just bought my 16 LTZ suburban January 31 2017 been in shop 3 times for multiple days doing and saying all the same things I've read on this forum I've got 4 new tires balanced and indexed road tested with service writer and we both watched as.the middle row captains shook back and forth, under hard accel I feel a nasty vibration in rear thought maybe drive shift or u-joints service writer said well it is a long wheel based vehicle that normal umm no it's not. So that's were I'm at as well

Last edited by Blandis1; March 10th, 2017 at 9:35 AM. Reason: Typo

Quick Reply: 2015 Suburban LT ride issue