Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Tahoe PPV Brakes squeaking

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2015, 8:49 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default nope

Brakes are without question a safety item. I'd start the paper work to lemon law that.
Old April 7th, 2015, 5:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Purchased a 2015 Tahoe PPV and brakes started squeaking at approximately 400 miles. Took it to a certified Chevy dealer this morning and waited 4 hours will the rotors were resurfaced. Was assured everything was fixed and the brakes started squeaking as I rolled out of the lot.

Has anyone had success trouble shooting this issue? If so, I would appreciate your solution. Thanks in advance.
Old April 7th, 2015, 8:02 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do the vehicles in question have ceramic brake pads on them?
Old April 7th, 2015, 11:49 PM
CF Beginner

I believe the brake pads are ceramic. This is the only description provided in the GM spec sheet for the PPV:

Heavy-duty 4-wheel anti-lock front and rear disc with vacuum boost power assist

Link is available Here: http://www.gmfleet.com/content/dam/g...tion_guide.pdf

Not sure if they need set,I.e.. Broken in through proper hard braking, or if they are just defective.
Old April 8th, 2015, 8:43 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Jakeog
Purchased a 2015 Tahoe PPV and brakes started squeaking at approximately 400 miles. Took it to a certified Chevy dealer this morning and waited 4 hours will the rotors were resurfaced. Was assured everything was fixed and the brakes started squeaking as I rolled out of the lot.

Has anyone had success trouble shooting this issue? If so, I would appreciate your solution. Thanks in advance.
Hello Jakeog,

We’re sorry to hear that resurfacing the rotors didn't resolve the concern. We’d like to look into this situation further and contact the dealership on your behalf. Please send us a private message containing your VIN, contact information, involved dealership and mileage. Thank you for your time and we look forward to your message.

Kind Regards,

Jasmine C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 14th, 2015, 12:10 PM
CF Beginner

I purchased my 2015 LTZ Tahoe in January from Capital Chevy and it has had squeaky breaks since the beginning. I took it to another Chevy dealership over a month ago and they refurnished them making sure they were even but the problem is still there in fact the squeaky break noise is worse. I called both dealerships again and they said that squeaky breaks is not covered under GM warranty. It is very disappointing the lack of help and concern they have for their customers. When you are talking about a $70K car that was purchased less than 5 months ago with bad squeaky breaks and they don't want to fix this problem for you it makes me never want to purchase a car from them again and regret my purchase. I have read several messages on this forum about 2015 Tahoe squeaky breaks and it makes me wonder if their is going to be a lawsuit for selling a brand new cars with faulty/old breaks? There is obviously a problem here as I am not the only one complaining. This should not be happening and GM should be held accountable and fix the problem for their customers.
Old May 14th, 2015, 12:11 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Jakeog

I purchased my 2015 LTZ Tahoe in January from Capital Chevy and it has had squeaky breaks since the beginning. I took it to another Chevy dealership over a month ago and they refurnished them making sure they were even but the problem is still there in fact the squeaky break noise is worse. I called both dealerships again and they said that squeaky breaks is not covered under GM warranty. It is very disappointing the lack of help and concern they have for their customers. When you are talking about a $70K car that was purchased less than 5 months ago with bad squeaky breaks and they don't want to fix this problem for you it makes me never want to purchase a car from them again and regret my purchase. I have read several messages on this forum about 2015 Tahoe squeaky breaks and it makes me wonder if their is going to be a lawsuit for selling a brand new cars with faulty/old breaks? There is obviously a problem here as I am not the only one complaining. This should not be happening and GM should be held accountable and fix the problem for their customers.
Old August 1st, 2015, 8:16 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2015 Tahoe Brake Squeal

I was excited to find out my worn out patrol vehicle was being replaced with a brand new Tahoe Pursuit Package 4WD. Got it with 18 miles on it. The brakes squeal non stop unless you are mashing them to the floor for a hard stop. The car has been to dealership multiple times, and I only have 4500 miles on it.

If I try to slow a little to get a better look at a suspicious person, I end up alerting them to my presence due to the horrible squealing. They actually look back if we are going in opposite directions. I find when responding to a hot call that hard braking stops the noise, but once I ease off it is back.

I no longer drive with the windows down, which I am sure negatively effects my ability to patrol, you don't hear things, smell things, but 42 hours a week of the nails on the chalkboard sound of these brakes will push me over the edge.

I am so glad I didn't buy this truck for myself. Chevy needs to get this addressed. Latest excuse is that the brakes are special for pursuit rated vehicle, and normal brakes would not stop it. I am ready to drop this car into the line, and take an old battle wagon Crown Vic out on the street,
Old August 1st, 2015, 8:48 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like the pads are glazed and/or they weren't broken in properly.
Old August 3rd, 2015, 7:09 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cops in Tahoes

Ya know... I'm thinking this may not be such a bad thing Here comes squeaky!

Here's a silent alternative.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showt...-Police-fleets

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; August 3rd, 2015 at 8:57 AM.

Quick Reply: 2015 Tahoe PPV Brakes squeaking