Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2015 Tahoe PPV Brakes squeaking

Search this Thread

Old November 13th, 2014, 8:36 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Tahoe PPV Brakes squeaking

I have a 2015 Tahoe PPV for about a month now. The rear brakes have squeaked since I picked it up. Dealer has changed the rear pads and turned rotors, no help. Have even had our maintenance dept look at it and they took rotor off, cleaned it and sprayed with non squeak spray. Still squeaks. Live chatted with Chevy Service and was told to take to dealer again, big help,, they don't know why either. We also have another 2015 Tahoe PPV with same issue.
Any ideas?
Old November 13th, 2014, 9:50 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi there,

Very sorry for this, and we certainly can understand how frustrating this may seem. Please feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and a preferred dealership. We would be happy to look into this further for you, and reach back out to the dealership.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old January 8th, 2015, 8:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2015 Chevy Tahoe PPB

I also have a 2015 Chevy Tahoe PPV with approx 2000 miles. The brakes have squeaked, squealed, etc. since the day I picked it up. I brought it to my local dealer and they agreed that they made a lot noise but could find nothing wrong. After 2 more weeks of the aggravating noises I brought back to the dealership and they rechecked and put some stop squeal and other lubrication and said to see how that works. After 10 minutes of leaving dealership I have already heard the noise. I spoke to the head service director and he said that they were researching any bulletins or other pad options that might be available. Doesn't make me to happy to have brand new truck making all this noise. It is loud enough when driving down the street of people are walking and I brake they look back. Something has to be figured out. Please help!!!
Old January 8th, 2015, 8:12 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

I would replace the pads if you haven't done that already.
Old January 8th, 2015, 8:54 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

The sound is likely coming from the pads vibrating when applied, that vibration is being transferred and amplified thought the caliper... I wonder if the pads come with anti rattle clips?
Might try lightly roughing up the face of the pads and then do a burnishing..
Old January 9th, 2015, 7:31 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

*grins*

But, anyway, do they squeak ALL the time, or only when you apply the brakes?
Old January 9th, 2015, 2:20 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bounty55
I also have a 2015 Chevy Tahoe PPV with approx 2000 miles. The brakes have squeaked, squealed, etc. since the day I picked it up. I brought it to my local dealer and they agreed that they made a lot noise but could find nothing wrong. After 2 more weeks of the aggravating noises I brought back to the dealership and they rechecked and put some stop squeal and other lubrication and said to see how that works. After 10 minutes of leaving dealership I have already heard the noise. I spoke to the head service director and he said that they were researching any bulletins or other pad options that might be available. Doesn't make me to happy to have brand new truck making all this noise. It is loud enough when driving down the street of people are walking and I brake they look back. Something has to be figured out. Please help!!!
Hello Bounty55,

We do apologize for this! Please feel free to reach out to us via private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and a preferred dealership. We would be happy to look into this further, and reach out to the dealership on your behalf.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old January 10th, 2015, 10:17 AM
CF Beginner

Default Brakes

Only when you apply the brakes. Sometime they start to make noise immediately when braking and then stop and then will start making noise again when you are coming to a complete stop.
Thanks
Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
*grins*

But, anyway, do they squeak ALL the time, or only when you apply the brakes?
Old January 10th, 2015, 11:18 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default brakes

Have you tried other pads, other than from the dealer?

I know it's a 2015, and it shouldn't be doing this, but I'd try a set of pads from Advance Auto or wherever and see what happens.

then I'd send the dealer the bill.

Or, brakes are a safety device, and if you bought it new, may qualify under the lemon law.
Old January 17th, 2015, 6:51 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2015 Brakes

I too have issue with the brakes on my 2015 Suburban.
The front RH brake give a light rubbing sound intermittently and pulls to the right slightly. If parked for more than an hour that brake grinds viciously as I back out of the garage.
Dealer said they inspected and found nothing.
Same story as all other items on my problems list. Either found nothing or "GM says that is the way it is".

Quick Reply: 2015 Tahoe PPV Brakes squeaking