Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2016 Suburban automatic lift gate not working

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2020, 11:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Suburban automatic lift gate not working

i have a 2016 Suburban. The automatic lift gate has been not working intermittently for about a month now. When i press the button on the lift gate handle to open it, nothing happens and the only way to open it is to manually lift it open. however it does close automatically when i press the button every time. Sometimes it opens perfectly fine. The overhead switch is not in the off position, and i am taking a step back from the vehicle after attempting to open the lift gate, so that is not the issue. I had it at the dealer today and of course it worked perfectly fine so they said there was nothing wrong. Well it dawned on me when i got home that it only happens after the car is sitting parked and off for more than an hour or so at a time. so i left it in my driveway, and about 4 hours later i went out and tried to open the lift gate and it would not open again. Clearly it needs to go back to the dealer, but has anyone else had a similar issue and what ended up fixing it?