Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2016 Suburban Lift Gate Question

Search this Thread

Old February 19th, 2020, 11:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Suburban Lift Gate Question

Hello All. Brand new to Chevy, just bought a new to me 2016 Suburban LT. I have a question. I did search the forums but didn't find what I'm looking for. The power lift gate sometimes will open all the way when you push the door or remote button, but most of the time it opens about 8 inches then will stop. It's almost like it thinks it hits something because it opens so fast. Should I just replace the lift actuators or does anyone have any experience in what this may be?
Old February 19th, 2020, 1:57 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Gigantor
Hello All. Brand new to Chevy, just bought a new to me 2016 Suburban LT. I have a question. I did search the forums but didn't find what I'm looking for. The power lift gate sometimes will open all the way when you push the door or remote button, but most of the time it opens about 8 inches then will stop. It's almost like it thinks it hits something because it opens so fast. Should I just replace the lift actuators or does anyone have any experience in what this may be?
Not exactly sure, but I have a button near the garage door opener in the middle that opens and closes the hatch. There are a few settings on the dial that determine how high it opens. Check there and see if it is set on a lower setting.

Last edited by mikemcclain8; February 19th, 2020 at 2:00 PM.
Old February 19th, 2020, 3:18 PM
CF Beginner

I did check that selector and it is set properly. Sometimes the door opens all the way with no problems and sometimes it only opens a tiny bit. When it does that it won't open or close with the button or remote. You have to physically raise or close it.