Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

22' sensor error

Search this Thread

Old October 27th, 2006, 11:01 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 22' sensor error

Thanks for steering me in the right direction. I would have been perplexed.
Old October 28th, 2006, 12:18 AM
CF Active Member

r u sure the wheel pressure system can't be turned off ZX1100F1? i'm just asking because a friend of mine bought a '01 Caddy STS about 10 months ago, and just found out on monday that the car actually has that system on it, and the origional owner had simply turned it off (not sure why he did that, 'cause the car has stock rims & rubber on it). now i know i'm talkin' 'bout a Caddy (that's 6 yrs. old), but i'm sure by now that option, or adjustability, to the system must have trickled down trough 2 the other GM divisions by now.
Old October 28th, 2006, 3:22 PM
CF Junior Member

I guess it does make sense you cant turn it off.. in 2000 Congress passed the Transportation Recall Enhancement, Accountability, and Documentation Act ..while I don't think the act states you may NOT turn the system off, I think think GM wants to be the "one" who takes on the liability letting people turn it off (especially at this financial point of the company). Afterall, if you roll over your Tahoe because of a low pressure tire..you KNEW it.

ORIGINAL: 70mopar

r u sure the wheel pressure system can't be turned off ZX1100F1? i'm just asking because a friend of mine bought a '01 Caddy STS about 10 months ago, and just found out on monday that the car actually has that system on it, and the origional owner had simply turned it off (not sure why he did that, 'cause the car has stock rims & rubber on it). now i know i'm talkin' 'bout a Caddy (that's 6 yrs. old), but i'm sure by now that option, or adjustability, to the system must have trickled down trough 2 the other GM divisions by now.
Old October 28th, 2006, 3:25 PM
CF Junior Member

Its generally not recommended that you put on the wrong offset because it would put extra load on your wheel bearings. However, in terms of how the vehicle stands with the 10" wide tires versus the 8.5" stock wheels, it doesnt really affect them. Now if you were to use 8.5" rims with the wrong offset, it would be a different story.

ORIGINAL: biglg

I would buy the 313's but they are only available in a +12 and +40 offset. The 07 tahoes have a +31 offset. I really dont think either of those 2 numbers are close enough to look good. One will be sticking out and one will be under the fender.

VYSlouzil's doesnt look bad. But my wheel shop is for some reason telling me not to put either of those offsets on it? Dont know what to do.
Old October 28th, 2006, 3:30 PM
CF Junior Member

you wont even notice a difference in ride quality.. you do feel speed bumps and pot holes more than the stock 17s (which is what i use for 4x4).. but thats a given. My MPG is 12-13mpg..and thats city or highway. If I had to do it again, I would probably get 22s because you can get them in the same diameter as the stock 20s. If you are stuck on the looks of the 24s, by no means do I not recommend getting 24s.

Still thinking about what wheels to get and finally got a little money. I am leaning towards the boss wheels, i have a friend that can get them at cost. I have a few more questions for you. What is your opinion on the wheels? Is there another brand/wheel that you would get that is same price point?

Secondly, how much difference in the ride can I expect if I get the 24 inch wheels over my factory 20's? Will it be a lot rouger, slightly rougher, not noticable, etc? Did your gas mileage go down? How badly?

Landon

Old October 28th, 2006, 11:25 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much you want for your 313's vyslouzil?

I just cant believe that the 24's would kill your gas mileage that bad. Can anyone else confirm this that has 24's?

NastGM?????????
Old October 29th, 2006, 1:06 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok,
Did some research and found out how much difference the Boss 313's with +12 offset would fit on our 07 tahoe. Here is the information.

Inner Clearance: Same Distance (the inside of the wheel to the strut housing)

Outer Position: +38 (position of the outside edge of the wheel)

This is about a 1 1/2 inch difference for the outer position. SO the tires will stick out 1.5 inches more than the stock wheels. Does anyone think this is an issue?
Old October 29th, 2006, 6:40 AM
CF Beginner

How much you want for your 313's vyslouzil?

I just cant believe that the 24's would kill your gas mileage that bad. Can anyone else confirm this that has 24's?

NastGM?????????
I have only had my truck about 6 weeks. I put the 24's on about a week after I purchased it. I haven't paid attention to gas milage. I'm guessing since the wheels are heavier it would effect it? I don't mind, it's all about the look
Old October 29th, 2006, 1:04 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGIONAL: vyslouzil

I guess it does make sense you cant turn it off.. in 2000 Congress passed the Transportation Recall Enhancement, Accountability, and Documentation Act ..while I don't think the act states you may NOT turn the system off, I think think GM wants to be the "one" who takes on the liability letting people turn it off (especially at this financial point of the company). Afterall, if you roll over your Tahoe because of a low pressure tire..you KNEW it.
that may be how it is in the US i guess, our laws are a little different up here in Canada-and just as *** backwards sometimes too! don't get me wrong, we all need laws, it just seem's that sometimes they go a little to far,don't make much sense, seem too out dated, etc.....